American Airlines Virtual

I've switched hosts! I haven't been in contact with my host/developer in quite sometime now and we've been at this state for 3 weeks. We are going to use the template he made now, and finish it (only pages, and some pilot center styling) which is quite easy.

Expect us up.. well sooner than expected! :D

Thanks for sticking with us!

After a month, it is my great pleasure to introduce the new American Airlines Virtual.

Reimagined, redesigned, rebranded, relaunch.

With a new high-tech fully functioning website, a beautiful design, laid back and relaxed hours and easier navigation flying has never been better.

It's been a great 4 months of operations, and this is the next big step in becoming one of the greatest. We will take you places you've never been, we will return the passion and love of flight, and we will succeed and give you your wings.

We aren't just an airline anymore, we are a team, we are a family, we are American Airlines Virtual... Reborn!

Introducing the new site: Some things are still in development but here are the basics, we are moving servers so please do not mind the slowness

http://aalv.net/

So what are you waiting for join us...

Was wondering why it was taking over 20-30 secs to load a different page then i noticed your on 000webhost .....

Good luck though!

UPDATE: 10:55PM Well that explains it once again though 000webhost would recommend you get a better host.

GT.png

• Moderators

so the plot keeps continuing looks to me like you are only talks and thats it moving from servers takes only 24 hours max you have been moving servers for the last week

on this rate your credebilaty is falling to -100

No, Joeri.

The reason we've been switching is because some hosts don't allow fsockopen() which makes me switch to another host and

I will be on 000 (switching tonight) because ServersFree is slow.

NO this has nothing to do with credibility - this has to do with hosting (other than that everything is great.

One thing, Hosting doesnt cost much if you want your VA to be successful then you can be switching every other day because the host goes slow. Most free hosting providers of course wont allow that because it does use some little more server resources. Look around you can find hosting for honestly almost a dollar.

I would, but it is hard as I'm the only one who has put out money for the virtual airline.

I've put out 44 dollars so far, and I feel like the rest of the executive team doesn't do much.

I will look around

As the CEO of a VA, you're going to have to put more than $44 into the project. When I ran Legend, I spent upwards of $200 for addon services and then getting good hosting. Most of the time the CEO will have to put up these kinds of numbers and by starting your own VA, you place that ticket right on your counter. Some VA's have donation buttons on their websits, but you have to be careful with those as the real world American could see that as potentially making money from their logos/etc, and get you into a lot of trouble.

My message to you is simple, you can't go through life taking shortcuts and expect a good result. By taking shortcuts, you will only open yourself up to more and more errors. I know that you said you are working to get more money for a new host, but maybe you should have thought about the financial responsibility that comes with running your own VA, before you decided to open it. You've got to shell out some more money for this to give your members a reason to switch to you, to choose you. With the other American Virtuals on the web, nobody wi choose you and stay if your website load time is terrible, and you can not provide the basic things that a VA has. Keep planning, keep working hard, and you will succeed. Excuses and uncertanty won't create the "best VA out there"!

Just my two cents, not meaning to sound mean or attacking. It is just honest talk from a former CEO to one that may be able to use some tips!

• Like 2

As the CEO of a VA, you're going to have to put more than $44 into the project. When I ran Legend, I spent upwards of $200 for addon services and then getting good hosting. Most of the time the CEO will have to put up these kinds of numbers and by starting your own VA, you place that ticket right on your counter. Some VA's have donation buttons on their websits, but you have to be careful with those as the real world American could see that as potentially making money from their logos/etc, and get you into a lot of trouble.

My message to you is simple, you can't go through life taking shortcuts and expect a good result. By taking shortcuts, you will only open yourself up to more and more errors. I know that you said you are working to get more money for a new host, but maybe you should have thought about the financial responsibility that comes with running your own VA, before you decided to open it. You've got to shell out some more money for this to give your members a reason to switch to you, to choose you. With the other American Virtuals on the web, nobody wi choose you and stay if your website load time is terrible, and you can not provide the basic things that a VA has. Keep planning, keep working hard, and you will succeed. Excuses and uncertanty won't create the "best VA out there"!

Just my two cents, not meaning to sound mean or attacking. It is just honest talk from a former CEO to one that may be able to use some tips!

Very well worded Hollinst.

• Like 1

Well, thank you for your words will take them into consideration.

Just a message to others, just because someone with knowledge says something could

doesn't mean you have to back them up or cosign. Like AirTran, no need to cosign.

We get the point there, anything beyond the point of multiple cosign I consider bashing.

Definitely, I totally agree. Thanks ^_^ Great advice

• Like 1