Manual Pireps?

• Moderators

In Greece Airways Virtual we do accept manual flights as pilots are obliged to fly on the IVAO or VATSIM network. We have also created a flight tracker which gets, from the network wazzup files, the flight information every five minutes so we are able to check if he had really flown it.

I am considering only letting pilots log there flights by Xacars or fsacars etc but am worried that this could turn pilots away?

You should invest in a custom kACARS! You can get the application name to be whatever you want, the prices are so low, and the quality is so high! The link to that is http://www.fs-products.net/

Now, about turning pilots away. Generally, you will turn some pilots away because they do not want to hassle with the programs. Now, with Legend Air we were happy to have 40-60 pilots who loved to use our custom kACARS, and we never had to worry about a pilot submitting a fake PIREP to get some more hours. If I were you, I would definitely invest in the custom kACARS, and then offer pilots the opportunity to use that or to file a manual PIREP as long as it was flown entirely on the VATSIM network. This makes sure that you have 100% real and accurate flight logbooks for your VA and every single one of your pilots.

Blue skies and good luck!

At JAL we only allow manual PIREPS if the pilot has stated a good reason to file a PIREP manually.

yea over here at vDelta NO MANUAL PIREPS...only if there is a good reason to file one...we use smartCARS pretty cheap and has lots of great features...as well as new features being added on in the future...great investment if you ask me....pilots love it!