Change Airline Code from 3 letters to 5 letters for my VA

tgycgijoes

I have a new VA that I am starting that is based on U.S. Naval Reserve Squadrons which have more than 3 letters like commercial airlines. Is there a way that I can change a template or form to do this. I have been doing some looking through the files but did not find it. I can enter VS27 as an airline but when a registration is created, it is created as VS20001 not VS270001. Increasing the number for the pilot ID only adds more 0's not VS27 instead of VS2. Thank you.

Richard

Thanks Parkho that worked perfectly, I just needed help where to look. First time i editted my database but it was easy and straight forward. Thanks for the help. I actually did it twice, once I changed it to 5 and then realized I needed a couple 7 so i went back and put in 8 to be sure.

R

• 6 years later...
On 3/21/2013 at 2:53 PM, Parkho said:

You could go to your DB/ phpvms_airlines/ structure and change the Length/Values of "code" column from "3" to "5". Then you can add an airline or edit your current airline to a 5 letter code. :D

Sorry for the bump. I'm trying to do the same thing to get a 4-letter prefix but the above change throws the following error:

DJJbHhm.png

Can someone advise please? Thank you.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, nicky9499 said:

Sorry for the bump. I'm trying to do the same thing to get a 4-letter prefix but the above change throws the following error:

DJJbHhm.png

Can someone advise please? Thank you.

Don't bump threads that haven't received a response in almost 7 years. Start a new thread and post a link to the old thread if you need to reference it. Necroposting is frowned upon.

Of course, ICAO airline codes have been 3 letters since 1982 (compliance by 1987). Prior to that, airline codes were 2 letters and corresponded to the IATA designator. There are no 4 or 5 letter/digit airline codes.

Sorry Avia, it's just that on other forums they dislike new threads for existing issues and are likely to just give you a curt, unhelpful "search the forums" response, which obviously I have. I will keep this in mind for subsequent posts on this forum.

Either way since we're already here and it is literally the very same issue from 7 years ago just with a different (failed) result, do you have any idea what might be going on here? I suspect that because an existing user (SVA0001) already has the airline code, it cannot be changed. So I created a second one for test (TST), transferred the pilot over, but the "code" value still cannot be changed.

I'm apprehensive about deleting the only user as it may mean losing admin access and having to reinstall the whole shebang.

Please advise.

Edited by nicky9499

• Moderators
On 1/1/2020 at 11:25 AM, nicky9499 said:

Sorry Avia, it's just that on other forums they dislike new threads for existing issues and are likely to just give you a curt, unhelpful "search the forums" response, which obviously I have. I will keep this in mind for subsequent posts on this forum.

Either way since we're already here and it is literally the very same issue from 7 years ago just with a different (failed) result, do you have any idea what might be going on here? I suspect that because an existing user (SVA0001) already has the airline code, it cannot be changed. So I created a second one for test (TST), transferred the pilot over, but the "code" value still cannot be changed.

I'm apprehensive about deleting the only user as it may mean losing admin access and having to reinstall the whole shebang.

Please advise.

The error you get means the column is a key and its structure cannot be changed. You will need to remove the key on the column and change its structure and add the key back to it once altered.