Deleting Aircraft

DanL

Hi

I did a search but the result was not helpful...

Is there a way to delete aircraft that were once active but now are not. I do not mean just enabling or unenabling the aircraft, I mean delete it altogether so it does not show up in the admin panel.

thanks

• Moderators

I will advise you, if you have any schedules or PIREPs related to the Aircraft, I wouldn't be deleting it because it could potentially mess up your schedule or PIREP data.

But I'll guide you though,

1) Access your phpVMS Database via phpMyAdmin or other MySQL Management Software

2) Select the database where you installed phpVMS.

3) Go to the table called phpvms_aircraft (this applies as well if you have a different prefix(phpvms))

4) Select the aircraft that you want to delete.

5) and click on the delete button/link.

That should do the trick. ;)

• 4 years later...

Advice from one that was bitten by removing an aircraft: we were very fortunate to get our site back.

1. Backup your database

2. Determine if the aircraft is bound to anything - such as any of your schedules

3. There is no phpvms provision (that I can find) to remove an aircraft - you must do that at the database level

4. Check your ENTIRE va operation for errors. If the error source cannot be found, reload from your backup.