Best Report client to Va with phpvms

Hi there!

Im helping in a va airline, to webpage, and other techical cuestions, with the help of phpvms forums people too.

Recently we move to pay hosting, and some pilots have issues with send log database error, others not.

Then, what is the advantages and disadvantages of:

Fsacars: Old, send in live flight status data, detailed report,

Kacars: Customizable, pay or free version, favorite of phpvms comunity, send in live flight status data

Smartacars: Customizable, pay version, "features like the playing of the safety demonstration at pushback, global and airline chat, plus a more in depth flight log."

Xacars: Xplane compatible,

FSFK:

FspassengerX: creates atmosphere of a passeger aircraft, detailed report

What is the best to reports to VA?

Edited by ARV187

• Moderators

The base custom version of kACARS costs 40$. I would not suggest smartCARS as it depends on its developer's server(s). If, for some reason, he decides to close his server which hosts the chat system, you'll have a lot of problems. You know nothing about him, so you will not have the chance to get your money back. Also, i would not cooperate with someone who tries to advertise his program via sending emails via your phpvms's contact form in order to make you buy its acars system. My opinion is that the key of succees is offering good and reliable services, not trying to find new customers via disturbing them.

Personally, i do prefer kACARS as me and Jeffrey have worked a lot in order to built a very good and well designed acars system which is not like the base custom version of it. Moreover, his support is great and you have the chance the test the program before buying it via using the kACARS_Free. More information can be found here (of course the price it higher...). Of course there are a lot of other programms which are realy very good! That's all for now...

kACARs as you can have it fully customised, unlike smartcars, which has the same layout for all, just the color and name is different. Also Jeffrey is great, when you need an update to it, it is done within a few days of ordering it. Getting a new one from him, is very easy too. Also you host the chat server, so no dangers of someone closing their server down and leaving you with a lot of problems.

The thing with xacars is that its the only acars that works on xplane.

Apart of that I think kacars is the easiest to use, but since phpvms has builtin support for most acars system, why make your pilots choose a certain type of acars? On my airline, pilots can use any supported acars system as they please ie X, K, FSP etc

I use smartCARS for Cathay Pacific and i really like it. Its clean and professional and only able to be used by your own pilots. You get nifty features like the playing of the safety demonstration at pushback, global and airline chat, plus a more in depth flight log.

However, honestly, custom kACARS does pretty much the same things, so its up to your preferences of design and cost', ect.

I prefer smartCARS.

Enjoy.

I use smartCARS for Cathay Pacific and i really like it. Its clean and professional and only able to be used by your own pilots. You get nifty features like the playing of the safety demonstration at pushback, global and airline chat, plus a more in depth flight log.

However, honestly, custom kACARS does pretty much the same things, so its up to your preferences of design and cost', ect.

I prefer smartCARS.

Enjoy.

Zach couldn't of said better myself

Oh and don't forget that it also supports X plane

you guys can keep mentioning a chat server but yet it has nothing to do with the main functions of Flight logging... so if the server is down or what ever the case may be the acars part will still be functional as it doesn't rely on their server

The thing with xacars is that its the only acars that works on xplane.

Apart of that I think kacars is the easiest to use, but since phpvms has builtin support for most acars system, why make your pilots choose a certain type of acars? On my airline, pilots can use any supported acars system as they please ie X, K, FSP etc

The pilots are hards to move from acars to other, all they was using fsacars, but recently some of them have issues "send log database error".

Then, the objective is find the advantages and disadvantages of acars clients, and select one wich is easy to install & use, and not have bugs.

But, yes, the ideal is make that pilot choose his favorite acars, but they ever answer help to configure the programs, in the case of kacars the chief of my airline have a issue with .net frameworks (kacars error, can not find file or assembly system.xml), then he doesnt know how work the program to help to others pilots. (We will try resolve that issue with .net).

I think we will use kacars_free to start. Before we was with other system, "airlinesadmin" not phpvms, are too many changes at once to our pilots.

• Moderators

But, yes, the ideal is make that pilot choose his favorite acars, but they ever answer help to configure the programs, in the case of kacars the chief of my airline have a issue with .net frameworks (kacars error, can not find file or assembly system.xml), then he doesnt know how work the program to help to others pilots. (We will try resolve that issue with .net).

I would suggest you to contact Jeff. Check here.

Zach couldn't of said better myself

Oh and don't forget that it also supports X plane

you guys can keep mentioning a chat server but yet it has nothing to do with the main functions of Flight logging... so if the server is down or what ever the case may be the acars part will still be functional as it doesn't rely on their server

The chat server may not be the main thing, but if the server for the chat goes down, a lot of errors can be kicked up. And that is a big turn off for all pilots.

• Administrators

I can not say enough good things about kACARS and Jeff at fs-products. No matter what you have there will always be a time when you need help with a bug or something unique which Jeff has always been right there to address it in my experience. A proven track record is always desireable in my opinion.