Airlines and Registrations [SOLVED]

Zach

Hi all,

How can i edit the code for my registration form, and only allow the registree to select 1 airline (our main one), out of many? Currently, i have a script where it will default you to the main airline, even if you select another one.

However, we are adding a number of codeshares, and it would be ideal not to have 15-20 options of airlines to choose from when registering. So, again, my question is:

How can i edit the code for my registration form, and only allow the registree to select 1 airline (our main one), out of many others?

www.cathaypacificva.com

• Moderators

You may create a hidden field on the registration form:

<input type="hidden" name="code" id="code" value="Company's code" />

Where Company's code use HDA for example. And after that, you may remove the select airline field from the registration form.

• Moderators

Alternatively, you could use the follwoing to show only the main airline in the select box:

<dd>
<select name="code" id="code">
<?php
foreach($allairlines as $airline)
{
	 if($airline->code == "ABC")//"ABC" is your 3 letter airline's code.
		 {
	 echo '<option value="'.$airline->code.'">'.$airline->code.' - '.$airline->name.'</option>';
		 }
}
?>
</select>
</dd>

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...

It's more easy than it looks: when you add an airline unchek "enabled", you will be able to add schedules but user can't select it in registration form!

yeah that works but if I remember right it causes troubles if you have Pilots using manual PIREP submit

as any unchecked Airline is not selectable for PIREP submit too :(