ACARS Map Route/Waypoints

Zach

Gooday (again),

I have searched the forums and found this topic a number of times, however, none of the solutions has worked for me.

How can i get the actual route of the flight, shown on the ACARS map and myFlights map. Some information i have picked up from the previous threads is stuff to do with the Route Details column in the database, which for me IS NOT being populated.

I don't know how to get this to happen. The person who made my skin, put TwitterBoostrap in, and this affects my acars map displays (Zoom, Bubble, ect are affected). Could this also stop the routes from displaying? I have been able to get the weather layer though, and it works perfectly fine.

www.cathaypacificva.com/en/index.php/acars

Thank in advance!

Actually Daniel, is right. You do need a custom ACARS to be able to do what you are asking. Basically, the software enables a timer(ex: every 1 minute...) and it will record the position of the aircraft at that time, populating a database. Then, each point is plotted into the map.

For that to work, though. You need an ACARS to actually record the data in a timer, and upload it to the Database. It is possible that smartCARS has that feature, I am not sure though.

As far as I know, kACARS has that feature.

I never said Dan was wrong, just that you can definatley use smartCARS to do it as well; not JUST a customized version of kACARS; becuase smartCARS is still a custom ACARS system.

On another note, one of my pilots cannot install the smartCARS system, so he uses kACARs and it still has a direct line from point A to point B.

hmm.. :wacko: ....confusing....

Guest lorathon

Zach,

Actually any ACARS system will do this as long as it sends the route that is being flown and that route is being populated in the "route" column of the acarsdata table. You may have to tweak the acaps js script, if I remember correctly there is a little error in the script that prevents the routs from being shown. What a kACARS custom can do is to have position reports that are sent with the PIREP so that after the pirep is filed you can then view the actual route.

He's right, the phpVMS system serializes a parsed version of the route the pilot specified, and if there isn't one specified, it tries to use the one from the schedule. As long as the ACARS reports the route, it should work (which smartCARS does). I've pushed an update to Zach's server with a potential solution to this issue. On a side note, smartCARS can do the post-PIREP position report system, it just requires the use of our smartCARS API (available upon request) and a little setup.

• Like 1