PHPVMS & IPB SSO issue

Scarecrow

Hey,

I'm currently Running IPB as my forum and website but my vm uses phpVMS, so i, for the better part of today have been working on a module that uses IPB's user database for phpVMS's Authentication. there is a dev kit that links with their ipconnect setup so that when you log in on the remote user (phpvms) it go's ahead and checks the IPB database and authenticates, and then copies the user over to the phpvms database, and does this each time you login, except it updates the details so that you have a SSO enviroment.

I was integrating this earlier and am having quite a lot of trouble with it because of the Codon Framework, i have never modified it before so i was really only guessing when i was trying to setup the log in form and subsequently kept getting errors.

So i have come to the community to see if you guys have any idea's or knowledge that can help me get this done, my timeline is As Soon As Possible but i have about a week.

Below i have posted a link to the code that is required for the IPconnect. The html form doesn't matter at all but it must run the entire php script in the top for it to work the way it needs to.

Thank you in advance for any help given. let me know if anyone needs any clarification, my typing is not to good tonight, been up for awhile.

Kind Regards,

Scarecrow

> PasteBin Login.php Code -> http://pastebin.com/0tYtnwJb

• Like 2

• Administrators

I built a similar tie in for the Vanilla Forum and found it easier to login using the native phpVMS auth system and then add the login from the forum to that by creating another step to the phpVMS login process. I think you could do something similar with this if you started around line 16 of your pastebin. I would look at their API and see what the login variable is returning on line 22 and see if that data can just be added to the user session to authenticate them into the forum.

You may get a few ideas from the way I did it here -> https://github.com/DavidJClark/phpVMS-VanillaBridge/blob/master/core/modules/Vanilla/Vanilla.php

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...