What makes a good virtual airline

Dalvin121

Hey everyone my name is Mctair Grant and I'm currently interested in starting a virtual airline which will be based in MYGF. My question to va owners and pilots are.

What makes a good virtual airline or in other words What do you look for in a virtual airline ?

If necessary please also state what kind of virtual airlines you don't like and thanks this is greatly appriciated

If necessary please also state what kind of virtual airlines you don't like and thanks this is greatly appriciated

Anything that starts up with free hosting or a free domain, throws together an effortless site and calls it a VA. An then closes within a month :)

Make sure you're well planned and have a goal. The fact that you're in the Bahamas is good news because it's somewhere new and isn't a dominated market like the UK or the US.

Oh, and look at real world start-ups and try to reflect on how they go about their business. In other words, no one likes to see you're already flying half of the commercial aircraft available today.

Start simple and take it easy :)

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the reply. I am intending to start a virtual airline based mainly using Beech craft 1900 and we were intending to start from small to big and use phpvms and grow depending on our va finances in phpvms. We would start using 4 aircraft and make a detailed schedule instead of the usual 1 plane per route. We would go towards realistic expenses and ticket costs.

• Like 2

I certainly don't want to come off as rude in my remarks, so upfront please understand this is not my intention, my intention is to be honest.

If you you do not have the coding skills (nor have the time/desire to learn them) AND you do not want to pay someone like David at Simpilotgroup (who does quality, outstanding work) then I honestly think you should rethink your decision to start a VA.

A dozen years ago you could slap together a basic website and call yourself a VA and have some success. However, those days are over as the bar has been raised extremely high. Virtual pilots have many, many choices and if you want to be successful then you must at the very minimum stand on equal footing with the other VA's around you. If you want to be super successful, then you must find something which makes your VA different.

David at Simpilotgroup designed my VA's website and he did an outstanding job. http://virtualairlogistics.org I won't discuss how much all this cost, but will say that David put more into the site than what I paid him.

Jerry

• Like 2