vWN Airlines

(6/6) – Dallas, TX

It brings me great pride and joy to finally publicly announce our secret project to the Virtual Community today! I have been working hard with COO Brandon Reeves to bring a new, fresh, and fast VA to this community to fill one of the major gaps. I am proud to announce vWN Airlines to you, and give you some of the details about what will set us apart from other virtual representations of SWA on the web today.

The idea of vWN Airlines was hatched mid-April of 2013 as both myself and COO Brandon Reeves were searching for a new VA home in the name of Southwest Airlines. The search rendered a few major VAs, who all had some really strong points of operations. However, it quickly became obvious that the flaws of each one outweighed the benefits. “Not to take anything away from these VAs as I know they have all put in a lot of time and effort to make these, but it was just missing something.†– COO Reeves. Some had fantastic technology, but lacked activity by staff or pilots. Other SWA VAs had fantastic activity from the pilots and staff, but seemed out of date with either schedules and/or technology. Some had all of it together, but did not have their information correct and seemed “unrealisticâ€, so we decided to change that.

vWN Airlines was born as an idea to bring all of the necessary items together under one roof, to create the most realistic virtual representation of the real world Southwest Airlines. We have been working hard behind the scenes to add all of the current SWA/TRS flights into our database by hand, to ensure accuracy. vWN Airlines has also made the moves to provide a custom SmartCARS ACARS system to our pilots on opening day, complete with full and automated flight logs, cabin announcements, and even GPWS callouts for those who do not already have them. Our custom ACARS system designed by TFDi Designs (www.tfdidesign.com) will also include features for pilots such as; an optional live streaming radio (Flight Level Radio), “In App†flight searching capabilities, and a live pilot-to-pilot chat system allowing you to interact with pilots, as well as see where/when they are flying, and how good their landing was!

We wanted to bring something fresh to the community. We wanted a website that was easy on the eyes, functional, and easy to use. We are packing in features such as a web mail system, pilot training center complete with instructors and exams, and are looking to add advanced dispatching clients that will give us the most realistic feel for our pilots, out of any SWA on the web today! Our goal is to add all of these features, without making our website cluttered and confusing. You will see on release that we have one of the most advanced yet simple websites out there!

The fleet is one of the most important aspects of a VA, but is often one of the most forgotten by VA administrators. We have made a fantastic effort to find the best of the best in terms of aircraft modeling, sounds, and panels. We have also begun work on hand painting our own aircraft to ensure accuracy and clarity on our aircraft. As of now, we will include the current aircraft and schedules from both Southwest and AirTran Airways. Installing these aircraft can also be a hassle, and that’s why we have custom Auto-Installers for each and every aircraft for both FSX/FS9. Once the market for X-Plane increases, we will do the same for all of our X-Plane users! Like we stated above, our main goal is to provide the most advanced systems and operations in a way that makes it simple to understand, and easy to use for our pilots.

We have many more of these cool features in the works, along with some special talks going on behind the scenes about a possible historic/retro addition, and other cool items! No, we are not open yet for pilot applications. We did want to go ahead and share, publicly, some of the cool things that we have started to work on behind the scenes. Currently, vWN is on track (a little ahead of schedule actually) for a grand opening sometime this summer, however no release date has been publicly released yet! I do invite you to head on over to our website (www.wnvirtual.org) to bookmark it, and then move on to one of three of the provided networking options available. Our Facebook Group and Twitter will be the first places to receive updates over the next few weeks/months on progress, and will be the first to break the news of the grand opening date! You can also visit the Facebook Group to see our current staff vacancies, as well as the minimum requirements to hold one of the positions with us.

I do welcome all comments, questions, and critique in a reply to this, or in personal email to (ceo[at]wnvirtual.org). Like I stated above, you can reach all of our networking information on our homepage (www.wnvirtual.org) and will be able to see more information about staff vacancies, and future news updates!

From all of us here at vWN Airlines, welcome aboard and “Blue Skiesâ€!

Thank you for your time.