PVACARS II

Fernando

I would recommend using TFDi Designs smartCARS platform. They plan on launching smartCARS 2.0 in just a few months, which will have full customization, and the current smartCARS already has a ton of functions!

You can share the link?

Can not find

I would not recommend TDFi as I find that their system interferes with FS and stops the settings in some addons from working. Also Having just the same layout as everyone elses is boring, and what is the point in that if you are paying for an acars system? Only difference I have found is the color, and that is limited to the colors out there. Custom kACARS is fully customizable you can ask for anything to be included and Jeff will do his best to include it, he will let you know if it cant be done. The functions I have seen in current smartcars applications, is limited, it doesn't vary and is the same throughout. Again it is basically a free system being charged for in my opinion, which is very poor.

I love smartCARs, the layout may be the same but it sure does look good, clean and nice for my virtual airline.

I love the many options, the constant dedication by Collin (the developer) and support offer.

It is amazing, flight attendant announcements, in-flight radio, GPWS callout and much much more.

I say go with TFDi's smartCARs and keep looking out for updates, you might be surprised the new updates

and advances to the flight simulation experience.

• Like 1

I would not recommend TDFi as I find that their system interferes with FS and stops the settings in some addons from working. Also Having just the same layout as everyone elses is boring, and what is the point in that if you are paying for an acars system? Only difference I have found is the color, and that is limited to the colors out there. Custom kACARS is fully customizable you can ask for anything to be included and Jeff will do his best to include it, he will let you know if it cant be done. The functions I have seen in current smartcars applications, is limited, it doesn't vary and is the same throughout. Again it is basically a free system being charged for in my opinion, which is very poor.

Yeah, I understand what your saying, and thats why I recommended smartCARS 2.0, with alot more addons than kACARS has to offer.

Personally, i would not buy any module-software whose developer spams in order to advertise his product. We have already received two emails about it and we have answered in all of them...

Thats wierd, I didnt think Collin would be the type of person to do that. Anyways, I respect that.

I'm very sorry to hear you've been having trouble with the software, but we've never had such a report. If you wouldn't mind, please PM me with more information so that we may reach a resolution. As far as customizations, I can see your point of view, however, Ryan is right about smartCARS2 - the amount of things that can be added will be vastly improved.

Personally, i would not buy any module-software whose developer spams in order to advertise his product. We have already received two emails about it and we have answered in all of them...

What emails have you received? This is not a technique I approve of, nor would we intentionally bother someone who wasn't interested. I'd like to follow up with you about this.

• Moderators

I'm very sorry to hear you've been having trouble with the software, but we've never had such a report. If you wouldn't mind, please PM me with more information so that we may reach a resolution. As far as customizations, I can see your point of view, however, Ryan is right about smartCARS2 - the amount of things that can be added will be vastly improved.

What emails have you received? This is not a technique I approve of, nor would we intentionally bother someone who wasn't interested. I'd like to follow up with you about this.

On 14th of Febuary 2013:

Hello,\r\n\r\n I\'d to you invite you to see the next generation in ACARS at \r\n\r\nhttp://tfdidesign.com/products/smartcars.php\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\nEnjoy,\r\n\r\n Ron xx.xx.xx.xx

-name = Ron Biedenkapp

-email = rxxxxxxxxxp@tfdidesign.com

-subject = ACARS

-ip = xx.xx.xx

-message = Hello,

I\'d to you invite you to see the next generation in ACARS at

http://tfdidesign.co...s/smartcars.php

Enjoy,

Ron

-loggedin = false

-submit = Send Message

And on 20th of March 2013:

Hello,\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\nI\'d to you invite you to see the next generation in ACARS at \r\n\r\nhttp://tfdidesign.com/products/smartcars.php\r\n\r\n Enjoy,\r\n\r\n Ron xxx.xxx.xxx.xx

-name = Ron Biedenkapp

-email = rxxxxxxxxxp@tfdidesign.com

-subject = smartCARS

-ip = xxx.xxx.xxx.xx

-message = Hello,

I\'d to you invite you to see the next generation in ACARS at

http://tfdidesign.co...s/smartcars.php

Enjoy,

Ron

-loggedin = false

-submit = Send Message

:)

smartcars costs $69.99 while the standard package for custom kacars is $40, you pay for addons to it, so you can spend a lot more. I got mine for $55 originally, I have since added to it, and am changing the design of it now too. I don't have smartcars and never will. Custom kacars has been fully customizable from the get go, where as you have to wait till version 2 of smartcars for that ability. For it to be worth the money they are asking, it should have been fully customizable from the very start.

• Moderators

I do aggre with Strider. We (in Greece Airways Virtual) have fully customized our custom kacars and if anyone see (1 & 2) it, he won't understand that this is a custom kacars. Of courser, Jeffrey's support was great and he tried to do his best in order to built it. Of course we have to pay more but the result worth it!

I dont think so for the $66.99 you get more then you get in the standard package from kacars some of his moduales are whay too expensive like $25 for a single thing i asked for a quote from him and he qouted me between $140-160 for basically the same stuff i had on smartcars and with smartcars 2 comeing out in the next month or so that will be fully custom just better value for money

• Like 1

well it will when smartcars 2 comes out

Why wait when you can have kACARS yesterday?

It's funny how these smartcars people always appear when the topic of ACARS comes up. One would assume they're desperate for customers or something? :rolleyes:

Why wait when you can have kACARS yesterday?

It's funny how these smartcars people always appear when the topic of ACARS comes up. One would assume they're desperate for customers or something? :rolleyes:

I don't think smartcars is desperate for people or money the same as Kacars isn't either so you assume as much as you like

• Like 1

People are desperate for smartCARS, custom kACARs just doesn't cut it.

smartCARs the layout is just awesome, customer support is probably

the best our VA has had (since our HostGator lol). I'd pick smartCARs

anyday over kACARs

Both are developed by very smart, and dedicated people but smartcars has to win.

The flight attendant announcements got me, and the interface has a like web 2.0 look.