Introducing Cardinal Horizon Trips and Pirep Self-Service

Hello Everyone,

I am very pleased to announce that my latest contributions to the phpVMS ecosystem are now available on the Cardinal Horizon GitHub.

First, CHTrips!

CHTrips is a module that can be a few things packed into one package. It's the first module I would say would be considered a "framework" module.

Screenshot2024-04-21at20_38_36.thumb.png.c0354e588f6a267684436314fe6a57b4.png

Screenshot2024-04-21at20_39_39.thumb.png.5b90b2a26bc613197545630f76302326.png

For End Users, Trips is a robust free flight system that allows for tracking of progress on a sequence of flights. Users can quickly create a sequence of flights in your system (that are hidden) that are related to one another.

For Developers, (Coming Soon) Trips's robust database schema, events, and services, will provide a framework to allow developers to rapidly build Tours, Events, or Missions systems! Using CHTrips alongside your own module ensures that phpVMS performance isn't lost by multiple plugins conflicting with PIREP events, or other sections of the system.

CHTrips can be found here: https://github.com/cardinalhorizon/CHTrips

Second, CHPirepSS!

CHPirepSS is a very simple module, with a very simple feature: Allow for PIREPs to be converted from ACARS to Manual.

Has your community ever encountered an issue where ACARS crashes in a unrecoverable state, and you instruct your pilot to file a Manual PIREP? Well, why not simply convert the PIREP that's already in the database and has telemetry data, into a manually filed one? No more duplicate PIREPs because of software being software!

CHPirepSS contains a very simple widget meant to be placed in your manual pirep creation screen. Imaged below is a example:

Screenshot2024-04-21at20_52_36.thumb.png.dad356a437db349ded80ca65c5b8a21d.png

CHPirepSS can be found here: https://github.com/cardinalhorizon/CHPirepSS

For both of my modules, I am very interested in your feedback. If you wish to do so, please feel free to open an Issue on either repository.

Thank you for your support!

Edited by Bonanza123d
  • Thanks 1