PHPVMS layout

Mark Noble

Hi All

This may be a long topic as im very new to php.

I need to know how phpvms works in order to change my pages to suite my VA.

I guess as normal web sites use the index.php page to load first, what then controls the rest of the pages as i see many folders eg

lib/skins In this folder i have copied crystal and renamed it. Inside there are styles.css and layout.tpl (Do i change these)

Inside the core folder is loads of other folders with php and tpl files. im confused thats there a template folder, modules and pages folders with many more php

can you see where im coming from what controls what pages to be displayed and what ones do i alter.

I create web sites where each page is its own just a link on the main page to move to another page.

Please help!! :(

Regards

Mark NOBLE

Sounds like you just want to continue what you were doing.

phpVMS works by generating content into your template files. There are a set number of template files phpVMS itself uses (in core/templates/). You just need to continue with your new folder in lib/skins/ editing layout.tpl (which is the code applied to all pages) along with the associated stylesheet. Then if you want to edit the templates for other pages just copy the template from core/templates/ into your skin folder and modify.

I am probably the worst person in the world for explaining things but hope that helps :)