[SOLVED]Character problem on news section

richipilot

Hello,

First thanks for reading, then I want to know how to solve a problem that I´m currently experiencing on my Phpvms news section when I write spanish characters such as accents or the "ñ" character. All the website is set normally and works propelly, local config files are set to UTF-8 and also de database settings.

Something like, "compañía" is transformed in the news section to compa��a

If can I have any help will be appreciated,

• Moderators

Let's try this way...

In the local.config.php.... find this...

Config::Set('PAGE_ENCODING', 'UTF-8');

If not, then add this to your local.config.php / or update as below...

Config::Set('PAGE_ENCODING', 'ISO-8859-1');

Where are you changing the encoding setting on the database? You'll likely need to go all the way to each field to change their encoding, changing just the database/table isn't enough. You'll also then need to correct any errors as they don't get fixed when the encoding is changed - you can do some find/replace magic to fix them all at once.

Where are you changing the encoding setting on the database? You'll likely need to go all the way to each field to change their encoding, changing just the database/table isn't enough. You'll also then need to correct any errors as they don't get fixed when the encoding is changed - you can do some find/replace magic to fix them all at once.

I´m changing it for phpmyadmin there is one site of encoding there also I put the sentence that Kyle says on the correct file and still the same issue, but only as before in the news section!!