Need Help with the skin.

Kyle

• Moderators

OK, i have the beta version and nabeel changed the skin settings to a newer one like he made a layout.tpl and i have the 2.0 skin with header and footer and i didn't want to lose my old skin. and i decided that i update the 2.0 skin that i made into 2.1 skin that i made and i checked the codes and it's is right and it's not working on my site.

If someone could help me out to see what's wrong or what i missed, i will provide you the skin file. I can provide the 2.0 skin and I'll provide 2.1 too. I would be happy if someone could help me.

• Moderators

The "2.0" skin files (header & footer) should still work, but it'll use the layout.tpl if it exists.

It should go like this:

Code from header.tpl file

<?php echo $page_content; ?>

Code from footer.tpl file

are you missing the footer.tpl for the code? or is it the same as the header code?

• Moderators

Umm what?

What I'm saying is, to make your layout.tpl file copy the contents of header.tpl, paste it in. Then add <?php echo $page_content; ?>. Then paste in the contents of your footer.tpl file.

It works TOM! but my update that my old skin and but a few things is not changing like my header pic, my nav. and everything. Do you know why?