Increasing "name" and "code" char values

nicky9499

Gday gents,

I'm trying to increase the "name" and "code" values in the below php database entries.

ZD1Lxi4.png

The target airline code is "SVAG" for "Singapore Virtual Airlines Group" (32 characters).

"name" will successfully amend to more than 30 char, but changing "code" to 4 results in this error:

DJJbHhm.png

Avia has pointed out that real-world airline codes are 3 letters and I'm aware of this but because we operate as a group of airlines, our pilots are given group callsigns instead of the ICAO callsigns.

Can someone advise please? Thank you.

Edited by nicky9499

Ok, I've been poking around the database and in summary:

1. Somehow managed to remove the char restriction under phpvms_pilots, so from here I can manually set a 4 letter callsign.

o1sE1ed.png

2. Over at phpvms_airlines, it continues to give me the above FK message. I tried to read up on it but frankly it's all greek to me.

As far as I can understand it's the coding equivalent of a symbolic link between two objects.

I'd love to but I simply don't have the time to complete a degree in programming just to remove a fk-in FK.

So will someone kindly share how to get rid of this so that callsigns can be manually assigned. Thank you.

Edited by nicky9499