CSS/template problem

airline-alliance

Hello everyone. Im brand new here, and Ive been having a lot of problems trying to set up my new VA site.

Before I ask for anything, yes I have searched through the forum, google and everything else to try to find an answer.

I am wanting to make a nice custom site using phpVMS. I sort of understand the concept of using css, along with html, and then throwing in the use of template files.

I found a website design I'd like to use for my site, and the website was built using a css style.

My question is: how do I configure my website, so that it will be able to use the phpVMS? Do I use the template files code, and insert them on each page of html that I making?

I am totally clueless of the fact of how to do this.

If someone could help me, or perhaps I may be able to offer them $40 to help build me a site. I will also be looking for a staff soon to help me run/operate the new VA (which in fact is an idea like the Flying Tigers Group VA that was just hacked and is now down).

Thank you for all your help!

D. Intorre

I would point you to the tutorials but they appear to be down at the moment.

Until then have a go yourself, you basically need to split the html code into three parts;

- Header (everything from the <html> tag to the start of your content, for example <div id="content">)

- Frontpage_main (Everything you want to appear on the front page)

- Footer (everything from the end of your content, e.g. the </div> tag which matches the previously mentioned opening tag, to the </html> tag)

You then need to add a few bits of code for phpVMS, you can find those here: http://forum.phpvms.net/page/index.html?record=20

Thanks Tom.

I tried messing around with the page that I want to use, and I tried using the templates with the code, such as, frontpage_main.

That doesnt seem to bad, but because I dont understand CSS OR Php at all, I really have no clue how to make it all work. Let alone try to build a main page, then if that all works..try and link it to other pages.

I guess the next question is, if I can get the main page made, how do I link it to the rest of the site using the phpVMS system? Also, how would I install it? Would I need to make a new skin folder and then try to set it through the admin site settings?