Shout Cast Integration

TAV1702

I have a shout cast server for broadcasting to the internet. We use it to play music on the air so During ATC sessions, we can give out live METAR info to pilots, we have an automated request line and all. I am creating a module to integrate my shoutcast server into phpVMS.

So it will work like any of the side boxes like latest flights , etc etc. It will give a complete radio status such as if the radio is on the air or off the air. Current DJ, current song playing, and a couple other things.

I have a module put together and a tpl file. For some reason, I can not get it to put out any info at all. I have never tried to create a module or addon. I am not sure where I am going wrong. If Simpilot or Nabeel, or another module writer could take a peak at it for me I would really appreciate it.

However, In the server config file, I would have to x out my server info such as username and password for obvious reasons. So I am not so sure how much you could help me out without that info. If someone could help me, please reply here or PM me. I may even be able to toss a few dollars your way for helping me. If I do pay, it will remain soley mine copyright to you. It would remain exclusive to me only. If you wish to help me for free, I would gladly allow my code to be shared to anyone who has a shoutcast and wants to have his/her own radio station. I am not stingy at all. I love sharing code when able so I am really hoping someone here would feel the same way.

If you want to see my radio station I am working on, it resides at http://thunderva.com/radio Don't laugh at the skin. It is a quick toss together but is fully functional. Try a request or something and let me know how it works for you.

Thanks everyone. I thank you in advance.

Ray

With the help of Simpilot, this one is functional. I think he is still doing some minor tweaking to it though. It has not been forgotten about. The whole radio idea is actually a cool thing. It works out real nice for live ATC sessions and all that good stuff. This addon however will NOT supply you with a live stream. You would need to rent a shoutcast server, or get a free one. Then you can use winamp to DJ with unless you own Virtual DJ or Sam Broadcaster.

Yes once we are sure it is done properly. it is alive and working, there was just another kink or tow to work out.

Like I said though, it wont supply you with a live stream. You will need to provide that and the broadcast software your self. Once all is said and done though, I can help anyone setup their own radio station. It is fast and easy to do.

nice, can´t wait for the release - The Server is no prob. my Airline got a pretty gib Root so this shouldn´t be a problem. Thank you for your work!

Remember, there is a difference between a shoutcast server and a web site server. You can install shoutcast onto a web site server if you have shell access, but most hosts will not allow that. There are several free shoutcast server providers out there, but they all pretty much blow chow. You get what you pay for in life. ;)

For more info on shoutcast, please visit http://shoutcast.com/download remember you will need winamp to broadcast or virtual DJ or Sam Broadcaster. Winamnp is the only free one.

And please remember, I do not work for any of these companies. I am not trying to shamelessly plug these people. I am only saying what I use.

I'll get with SimPilot and see where we stand with this and I will let you all know.

If by root you mean your computer, then yes it will. If you mean as in a shoutcast server that you rent, you will be in good shape. BUT If you mean on the same server that your website is on, no you can not run shoutacst Im willing to bet. This little script will work though.

All this script does is show the status of a shoutcast server. It does not do any streaming at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah. I have the working version. It will not work correctly on my server due to host issues, but Simpilot was able to get it working perfectly on his server. Maybe he can post a screen shot for you.

Let me run and check the file real quick and if it is all there accordingly, I will come back and attach it.

**PLEASE BE ADVISED!!!****

This only shows the status of a live stream. You must have a shoutcast stream live and running or all this will do is error out. This script does NOT provide a shoutcast stream.

status.jpg

That screen shot is REAL basic. that is from another radio station that I coded up.

Now let me go see if I can find my shoutcast file.

Here is that zip file I promised. Special thanks to SimPilot for helping me test this one out to make sure I had it right.

As stated before, it does not provide a stream. Only a status of a stream.

Why is this needed? Well it really is not. What I have used it for in the past is for ATC sessions, and for in flight audio. Those long hauls get boring. So all of us pilots used to get together and take shifts DJing and taking requests. While in ATC sessions, the current DJ would give out metar reports and all that kind of stuff. It was actually pretty cool.

I can help you out to get this to work (if your server will allow it) free of charge. BUT I will not set up a radio station for anyone for free. That takes time and effort to get right.

So if you have a stream already set up and working, then this is for you. If you are thinking about it, do NOT add this until you get a stream going otherwise it is useless and will error out.

When you extract the file, keep opening up until you come to the core folder. Simply upload everything in that folder keeping the file structure intact.

You will need to call the info to your front page or where ever you choose to accordingly.

Nabeel, if you want to move this, you can. If not, that is cool too. I really should have created a new thread and made it a nice fancy release thread but oh well. :P

Ray