New VA Skin I Made

TAV1702

Here is a peak at my first serious attempt at a VMS skin. I had help from Simpilot on some of the divs and css. So Kudos go to him from me. It is a plain Jane looking skin. Nothing fancy no extra bells or Whistles. So far the only thing I can find that is jacked up is the ACARS Map. I can not seem to scare up an answer to my problem with it.

****TEMPORARILY DOWN**** Will be back up shortly.

This one would never be released to the public obviously. It is generic and plane. Now that I kind of know how to do it, I can start doing more.

Nice skin! Good work so far.

I'm just looking at the element inspector in Google Chrome (Very useful tool for web developers :P) and it seems the problem is coming from the following:

#content div {
float: left;
padding: 10px;
}

in styles.css

Thanks for the kudos. ;)

And that is for the acars map problem??

Hi guys. Thanks for all the kudos. I did remove that bit of code and it pretty much fixed the problem, but it trashes my whole layout on the rest of the site. Pretty much that part of the css effects everything and anything inside of a content div. I really need to rework my css and get rid of that. I found that it effects so much of the template it makes it really hard to adjust anything at all.

Great Skin.... I attended Kaplan last year and did a website for class. Good luck and keep up the great work

Thanks for the kind words. This is my 3rd term at school so far. It is not bad at all, but sometimes I find the online stuff hard to do as far as school goes. In person is always better IMO.

This template here that I showed you all is the one that I was working on for school. I got my school site built (with some much needed help from Simpilot)using every requirement that they had but in the end she told me I could not use it so I had to go with their generic looking site. So I took that skin and made it work for phpVMS. The link to the site they told me I could not use is http://rbdesigns.thunderva.com Notice the resemblance? ;)

Ok check it out now that I got rid of that content div from my css. It did fix that problem on the acars map though. ;)

**EDIT**

Well, I put it back in for now so it looks right while I am tweaking other areas. I just can not make the site work at all without that bit in the css file. :(

So I think I may be stuck redoing my entire css for the template I made. I removed the bit of code and it fixed that map problem but trashed the rest of the site. When I add it back in and edit it any which way I choose, the map problem still stands firm.

Good thing this was a personal template and not a RC public version. ;) Oh well, back to the drawing boards.

Hi Tom thanks for the tips. I went to check the validity of another site of mine and I came to the conclusion on that one as well that I need classes as well as ID. So yeah, my css skills are getting better but still need loads of work. I am so used to doing stuff the old fashioned way with tables. :(

• 4 weeks later...

After a few pms back and forth about this skin again last night, I went back to working on it again and that little bit of css is still terrorizing me. The whole css is a mess. 98% works but is a mess.

I may have to recruit some help on this one and see how it should be done properly. Like I said, this was my first attempt at a skin for phpvms. As for my other site I designed with this skin, it works great, but with phpVMS, that is a different story.

• 3 weeks later...

After a few pms back and forth about this skin again last night, I went back to working on it again and that little bit of css is still terrorizing me. The whole css is a mess. 98% works but is a mess.

I may have to recruit some help on this one and see how it should be done properly. Like I said, this was my first attempt at a skin for phpvms. As for my other site I designed with this skin, it works great, but with phpVMS, that is a different story.

And the site is gone...

Yeah sorry about that. I moved it over to my WAMP dev server. I was running a bit short on disc space for my current VA website. AS soon as I can clear some room on my hosting package, I will be re uploading that site that is now gone.

My apologies for not updating the first thread. I will fix that now.

Ray

*****************EDIT**********************

First post updated 12/7/2010