Set departure time to Pushback time

Guest Duckydoo

Guest Duckydoo

Hello

I posted this here but it seems it's more likely to get seen in this forum. If this is considered a double post, sorry.

kACARS is a really neat and user-friendly ACARS application but I have one problem with it. It records the boarding time (i.e. the time before pushback is started) as the actual departure time (labeled "Act Depart Time" in the UI). This can skew your block times making them longer - for which your Virtual Airline my penalize you. This isn't much of a problem if you only start kACARS at the time you are ready for pushback. But strictly speaking I don't think this is correct behavior since departure time is normally the time pushback begins i.e. block out time. Since kACARS knows when pushback begins this should be an easy modfication. It would also allow me to start kACARS before the pre-flight phase and leave it running so when I actually am ready to pushback/depart I wont need to remember to start it.

Thanks

Guest lorathon

Sorry for not answering your post immediately.

kACARS is set from start flight to stop flight. I will probably not be changing this. I like the way it works now. If you want to start from pushback then click the start flight right before you pushback. Changing this limits the program to your specifications only.

Guest Duckydoo

Sorry for not answering your post immediately.

kACARS is set from start flight to stop flight. I will probably not be changing this. I like the way it works now. If you want to start from pushback then click the start flight right before you pushback. Changing this limits the program to your specifications only.

No need to apologize - wasn't expecting an immediate answer at all. Just that I noticed you were more active on this forum only after I posted on the other one and I wasn't sure you still checked it.

I completely understand your point and agree that kACARS should be flexible for everyone's needs/preferences. Even in real life different airlines have different SOPs for departure time (please see following links: 1, 2, 3).

I guess what would be good then is an option under user settings to select which time to use as actual departure time. Of course if you still think its not a good idea or not worth doing, I can live with it as is - it already works great. Just seemed to make more sense to me especially based on what I've read in the links above and elsewhere.

I would also like to have the parking brake release to trigger the timer. I want block to block. I got some notes from some of the pilots about this to.

And also, the way it now, we have to closely look at the time used in each pirep, because some forgets that the timer starts right away or they sometimes have to delay the flight. So a 1 hour trip becomes 1:20 and so on. On a pirep from one of our pilot sent a pirep on 2 hours on a 1 hour flight(Dinner time :lol:)

2 cents

I'll send you a mail regarding this an another request I sent earlier this summer.