Email All pilots does not work [SOLVED]

Mysterious Pilot

I am trying to test the system and tried the Mail All Pilots with a sample message. It said the mail was sent successfully. However, I have (the only pilot and admin) not received any mail in my inbox or junk mail folder.

In the local.config.php I found a setting for email name & address and something else like "Use SMTP". That leaves me a bit confused because how can it pretend to send mail without SMTP? It has been 30 minutes and the email doesn't arrive to either Inbox or Junk.

I was able to send an email from my Hotmail (receiving acct) to the email account created on the server.

I am trying to test the system and tried the Mail All Pilots with a sample message. It said the mail was sent successfully. However, I have (the only pilot and admin) not received any mail in my inbox or junk mail folder.

In the local.config.php I found a setting for email name & address and something else like "Use SMTP". That leaves me a bit confused because how can it pretend to send mail without SMTP? It has been 30 minutes and the email doesn't arrive to either Inbox or Junk.

I was able to send an email from my Hotmail (receiving acct) to the email account created on the server.

As it turns out the free webhosting account does not support SMTP :-( so yet another reason to figure out a way to export everything to import on my paid hosting account.

This however brings a bug about... no application should tell the user the operation has been successful when in fact it hasn't :-) I think it probably has a catch error and ignore. In this case it should tell te user something like "Unable to send the email. Has it been configured?"

Likewise, the checkinstall.php may use an extra check to verify that it can send an email (no matter about receiving it).

• Moderators

hello sir the mass email works fine on my install i am on the beta and the release version.

the smtp part is an addon so you could configure it via that but i don't use it and all my emails go normal on my va's

the next thing i want to tell you don't expect manny support for a free hosting as they will bring you lots off problems and manny headackes.

I had it on a paid hosting and nothing was working, on the free hosting it worked like a charm (in fact even faster than my paid hosting). The only drawback was that SMTP was not supported so mails could not be sent out.

Luckily things got sorted out on my paid hosting account (they moved me to another server with FastCGI) only it is relatively slow compared to the free host (go figure!). In my paid hosting account sending mails works without configuring SMTP as you mentioned.

What doesn't quite work is that when the mail doesn't get sent one still gets a "Completed!" message without indication that it actually failed.