Is there a way to stop the layout.tpl file from showing when on the home page?

James142

• Administrators

action.php will skip the skin completely. You will have to build a complete page with html header and such. You can build a module for it or edit the default module to redirect to a link using action.php

www.mysite.com/action.php/mynewmodule

action.php will skip the skin completely. You will have to build a complete page with html header and such. You can build a module for it or edit the default module to redirect to a link using action.php

www.mysite.com/action.php/mynewmodule

Thanks fo the reply,

I dont really understand what your saying :S If I make the new page where will I put the file and what will I call it?

Regards,

James

• Administrators

If you are creating a welcome page that does not have any dynamic information from phpvms your easiest solution would be to build a index.html page. Most servers will serve the index.html prior to the index.php so visitors to your url would see that first.

If you are trying to use data from the vms system you will need to do it through a module, or an existing module. If it is the home page you can modify the Frontpage/index function to redirect to a new function within the module, say Frontpage/homepage.

An example modification of your Frontpage.php file would be:

public function index()
{
           header('Location:'.SITE_URL.'/action.php/Frontpage/homepage');
}

And then add something like this under it

public function homepage()
        {
           //set your data for the template here
           $this->show('homepage.tpl');
        }

Then create a homepage.tpl file in your skin folder in which you put the complete html for the page you are building. The homepage.tpl file will be sent to the browser with none of the native phpVMS skin included.

If you are creating a welcome page that does not have any dynamic information from phpvms your easiest solution would be to build a index.html page. Most servers will serve the index.html prior to the index.php so visitors to your url would see that first.

If you are trying to use data from the vms system you will need to do it through a module, or an existing module. If it is the home page you can modify the Frontpage/index function to redirect to a new function within the module, say Frontpage/homepage.

An example modification of your Frontpage.php file would be:

public function index()
{
           header('Location:'.SITE_URL.'/action.php/Frontpage/homepage');
}

And then add something like this under it

public function homepage()
    	{
           //set your data for the template here
           $this->show('homepage.tpl');
    	}

Then create a homepage.tpl file in your skin folder in which you put the complete html for the page you are building. The homepage.tpl file will be sent to the browser with none of the native phpVMS skin included.

Great I'll give this a go!

Thank you,

James