Including/referencing php files in a template file

Nout - Zon Executive

Hi Guys,

I have built a flightplan parser that does all sorts of things including reading airways and breaking them up into their constituent waypoints.

To do this it directly references the X-Plane waypoint databases. Must easier than sending tons of queries to MySQL.

Now I have it all working in parser.php but want to include it into a template file so that it neatly fits into my VA site.

The database file's don't seem to be found even when i reference them with i.e. 'http://www.vasite.com/files/waypoints.idx'

Basically how do I integrate the stuff I have into the Codon interface?

Cheers,

Nout

• Administrators

Your best bet would probably be to build a module around your code. The module will already be connected to the database, I am assuming you are using the same db as your phpvms install is, so you would not have to make the connection and such. Build a model class in the common folder to get the data you want, put it together in the module (controller), then use a template to just display the page you would like.

You could also use the pages function and try a php include function, but that is not always a stable method.

Your best bet would probably be to build a module around your code. The module will already be connected to the database, I am assuming you are using the same db as your phpvms install is, so you would not have to make the connection and such. Build a model class in the common folder to get the data you want, put it together in the module (controller), then use a template to just display the page you would like.

You could also use the pages function and try a php include function, but that is not always a stable method.

Ah I see. Place all the parsing code in the module and then send through the output to the template file which then renders my html table.

That probably will work. I will try that. Yeap I use the phpvms database.

Thanks, Nout