Kacars: STOPS?

airdeancav

I was wondering if in this new ACARS system, they ever included a function for stops.

Basically stops are places where the plane stops in between its journey. For example it would be going from Gatwick airport to Schiphol airport, and stops in Brussels National, most of the times to pick up more passengers. Our airline has these kind of stops and for example XACARS does not accept them. In XACARS all it does is stop recording the flight after i landed at any airport which is not good! So if you could help me on this, it would be great.

Guest lorathon

kACARS_Free will continue to record until you press the stop recording. It will not however register the two landings. What this means is that It will log the first legs data but not the second. You will only get logs for the first climb the first descent the first landing. It will however continue to record the flighttime and the fuel usage until the stop button is pressed.

Guest lorathon

You are the only one to ever request such a feature. This is not normal practice for an airline. Changing this would mess with normally flown flights. I will see what I can do though.

You are the only one to ever request such a feature. This is not normal practice for an airline. Changing this would mess with normally flown flights. I will see what I can do though.

What do you mean it would mess up normally flown flights and that this is not normal practice for an airline, then why does the airline we mimic do this?

Guest lorathon

What do you mean it would mess up normally flown flights and that this is not normal practice for an airline, then why does the airline we mimic do this?

I think we can agree that MOST airlines do NOT have a stop on a flight. Agreed?

I have no idea how many flights Air Malta has that have a stop but I am pretty sure that it is a small number. Agreed?

As for messing up normal flights this is due to the code.

If you read my reply you will see that I said I would look into it.....

I have no idea how many flights Air Malta has that have a stop but I am pretty sure that it is a small number. Agreed?

Yeah ok agreed, yeah its a pretty small number. Stops are only in major airports where a lot of people and business men go like Brussels or Amsterdam.

• Moderators

hey Jeff

i am gonna quickly pick in on this.

most belgium airline do this to get full planes and also some dutch airlines do it.

mostly to get full aircrafts like jetairfly we made a trip from brussels to spain we got out and other pax stayed in the plane to fly to their destination a lot further in spain.

also on my trip to mexico we first landed in cuba to leave some pax there.

so its common here in europe i think.

but almost undoable in fs. i tried all the major loggsystems they all start at takoff ans stop on landing.

to airdeancav we fix this by splitting up the route

something like a flight from brussels to rome and the malta we would do it like this

TAY0123a ebbr-lirf TAY0123b lirf-lmml.

so the trip is like in reallive but in reallive its possible to have an flightnumber for multiple legs thats not possible in phpvms or all the iother soft out there

gr joeri

Guest lorathon

joeri,

Airlines in the US do this also. But each leg is considered a flight even when the flight number does not change. In my opinion these should be considered separate flights in any VA since a passenger can either board or de-board at the stop. How would you simulate 2 passengers getting off and 6 getting on? The only way is to make the flight into two flights. What I though he was referring to was a flight that stops (take on fuel) but all passengers remain on board and no more passengers get on. That would be one flight in my opinion since the original passengers stayed for the entire time.

Just my opinion :)

• Moderators

yeah you are correct this is how we simulate it just 1 flightleg for all dep land and send pirep iff you go further just start all over.that would ye pthat would be one flight but sadly the sim isn't that far developt to understand that and i think it would get to complicated if you would implement the in a way in kacars.

personaly i feel that kacars is just the thing for pireping its easy to setup easy to use ready no problems at all i also owne fsflightkeeper indeed it shows manny more info in the pirep but it so difficould to setup i have pilots from ages like 70-80 they go nuts with fsfk love kacars.

only thing i would like to see in the future iff possible is a alternate airport section and working i mean :-) iff its not possible nahhh i don't even miss it but it would be nice.

gr joeri

Yeah that would be great, and very good for practice for all VAs, but for now, we have to file separate flights with the same flight number, simulating the stops. Though how can we file a flight with lets say flight number 554 from Malta to Rome, but the flight would be originally from Malta to Paris, how would Kacars register that as a bided flight, since it connects directly to phpvms?

• Moderators

it wont know it it will pull the data as you say from malta to paris as mentiont its not possible to make seperat flights using 1 flightnumber you will need to add an a or something to the flightnumber or it will not get reqognised phpvms will see the flight as malta- paris even iff you land at rome