Code help on Schedules List

AspireFSX.com

Hi

When we create a schedule with the FSX in-built flight plan utility, we submit the .PLN file to admin and this is stored in a folder on the webspace. Now, when a pilot goes to view the schedules, we check the flight number to see if there is a matching .PLN file for it.

If we have it, we put PLN File in the column on the right above Details etc.

I want to use the4 If ... Then to place a link to the file that the user can right-click and save to prevent them having to look for all the points in the plan but i can't stop the error message thqat an unexpected < has been found ...

if (file_exists($filename)) {

<a href="<?php echo url('/plns/'.AVA'.$padded_route.'.PLN');?>"PLN File</a><br />;

echo '<br />';

}

?>

That is the If ... Then - can anyone please educate me as to what is wrong with my piece of code ... i think it may be a mix of " and ' or that it is inside { } so may need to be written totally different ...

Outside of the { } it works fine.

Thank you for your help :)

Rgds,

Stuart Watson

Community Founder

http://aspirefsx.com

Thank you Tom

It did indeed give me a proper path the the file, but sadly it seems that pjp is trying to run the file thru itslef, in so far as when I hover over it gives me http://aspirevirtualair.com/index.php/plns/AVA00008.PLN then the error on clicking that module plns does not exist which is the folder name where the plans are stored.

It is as if i need a special php command that says "this is a link to a downloadable file not something to be run thru the php itself"

Could you help me on that pls? or point me to a reference I can read?

Thank you,

Stuart