Obsess blue

5SA CEO

HI guys,

I have installed Obsess blue on our site and works fine, I have made some small changes, nothing major at this time.

On the site I have modified the scroll to read with our VA name, but how do I slow it down as it moves too fast?

Alaso down on the left there is news links, with our causing major issues with the .tpl file how do I just get rid of it and move the other links up?

One last one, before uploading the file to my host I changed what I thought was the back ground black color to our blue color, but its still black, is there a way I can do this? I have tried doing it a few times but still comes out black on the live site?

Cheers

Deano

. . . One last one, before uploading the file to my host I changed what I thought was the back ground black color to our blue color, but its still black, is there a way I can do this? I have tried doing it a few times but still comes out black on the live site?

Cheers

Deano

Hi Deano,

You can change the background colors in the .css file. I'm not a guru like some of the others around here, but I'm usually able to solve my own issues, with a bit of research. One thing, if you're using Filezilla for FTP access, you can right click on the server side file and it will allow you to edit that file and automatically re-save the file to the server when you're done, that way you can edit online and then just download an occasional backup for you site...that way seems a bit easier and fewer surprises in the code uploads.

Demo URL: http://www.vsimair.com/index.php

As to your other issues, I haven't got that far yet, but I'll post some feedback tomorrow...my dam day job is interfering with my personal life agin lol.

I just bagen tweaking the Obsess Blue this morning, and will prolly have it finished this weekend. Feel free to track my prograss :)

Regards,

Greer

P.S. Many thanks to the author(s) of Obsess Blue, it is a very useful skin with lot's of functionality.

Tyvm, Dean,

I noticed something about Obsessed Blue on my web site, so I went over to your site, and saw that yours is doing the same thing (as observed by a smaller mopntior).

This isn't too complicated but will require a few words of explanation.

First, I have a 28" monitor at home, and everything is looking great.

But, when I viewed the site from my computer at work, which has a much smaller monitor, the login and password fields were

hidden by the black horizontal menu.

Somehting to be aware of. I'll investigate that issue this weekend and post anything I come up with that may be a solution, and run by the group here on the forums.

It's prolly just a simple formatting issue caused by the logo .jpg pic on the left side of the header shoving the login block down under the hoizontal main menu. We might need to apply some static formatting to the header section.

Regards,

Greer

HI Greer,

I know what you are refering to, I use a 19" widescreen and all is good but use the laptop oh dear. but hey, it is all good obnce you click on it.

I like your layout, I have made a few chnages myself this evening, just hope the guys like it...

Just got to work on the back ground colour, bit concerned that I may screw it up, as have no knowlegde of css or php etc. just blagging my way forward.

Deano

http://5starvirtualaviation.com/phpvms/

Hey Greer,

I like what you did with the small menus down the left, grey backgrounds, with blue headers, how did you do that?

very nice.

Deano

I use a little graphical utility called Colorpic to get the color I want and it gives you the hexadecimal color code (format #xxxxxx). You can take the color code and replace the one in the Stylesheet.css. This author pretty well added comments in the stylesheet so you can figure out which codes go to what graphical object. Just make a back up copy of the stylesheet and then you can start ocver if you have to.

http://www.iconico.com/colorpic/

With regard to the issue of the login form being occluded by the main menu bar on smaller monitors, the culprit is the graphic associated with the upper right menu bar. So in the stylesheet, I set the height of it to zero, and commented out the menu links, since I didn't need the upper right menu thingy. Doing that raised the relative location of the login form by 31px, where I think it looks better and won't be occluded by the menu bar. Also, it is stratight across the header from my logo, and present a more balanced and clean appearance.

Hope that helps.

Greer

• 2 weeks later...

HI guys,

a quick update and question as all ways.

I have made a few changes to the site and they are all working fine, but looking at the site as it is and the orginal I seem to be missing some highlights.

http://5starvirtualaviation.com/phpvms/index.php

if you look at the titles down the left they do not have a back ground colour (http://www.fspaintshop.com/?p=224 see link - example = new hires has a blue surround on it) how do I check that or even get mine back please.

a little help to sort out the issue.

Cheers

Deano