Database server side

Bluemax

Gents a question. From the server side I exported my phpvms_(my info)airport database (From table) to have as a backup as I deleted some airports. Had no problem exporting and I did additional deleting airports and decided to import it back into the system via myphpadmin, but everytime I attempt to import it, I get an error message telling me the phpvms_(my info)airports already exist. What am I doing wrong. The phpvms_airports table is setup when you install phpvms?

that table needs to be empty from the moment it comes to a airport thats in there its will stop

Not sure I'm following you........are you saying I have to delete any airports that already exist in the table before I can import a revised table......How does one upload the airport data sql that is present on the forum for download. Am I to understand that the phpvms_airport table needs to complete void of airports before you can import airports?

• Moderators

Not sure I'm following you........are you saying I have to delete any airports that already exist in the table before I can import a revised table......How does one upload the airport data sql that is present on the forum for download. Am I to understand that the phpvms_airport table needs to complete void of airports before you can import airports?

yes the airports table needs to be complety empty

Guest lorathon

You may have to delete the table all together. The backup maybe be setup to create the table and fill it. To make sure you do not lose anything I would change the current table name to something like phpvms_airports_BACKUP and then run the back up sql. That way you still have the original and can always rename it back. I never delete any tables until absolutely sure that the new one is working correctly (a few days usually gives me the confidence to get rid of it)

You may have to delete the table all together. The backup maybe be setup to create the table and fill it. To make sure you do not lose anything I would change the current table name to something like phpvms_airports_BACKUP and then run the back up sql. That way you still have the original and can always rename it back. I never delete any tables until absolutely sure that the new one is working correctly (a few days usually gives me the confidence to get rid of it)

Having first dumped the airport data leaving the table empty, I once again attempted to reload the exported airport database. Again it said phpvmsXXXX.Phpvms_XXXXairports already exist. I then dumped the table and when I attempted to upload it said the phpvmsXXXX.Phpvms_XXXXairports doesn't exist. But it did reinstall the table void of the airport data. What am I doing wrong. I followed all the above instruction. What needs to be done to the sql file before I attempt to upload it. I'm sure you people do this all the time. The forum needs a live chat line or something. B)