Default CSS

Thomas Rozanov

Hey Everyone! Need your help. I am making my own skin and it will be what i want out of a skin from start. But the problem i faced while composing my stylesheet was i dont know the default classes and their names.

Could anyone tell me all the default classes so i use their names so everything fits together like for tables and titles and etc....

Default classes? If you're writing your own skin you can make up whatever classes you want :)

but for example if you put obsess blue skin. all of your templates follow the stylesheet. and you dont have to change anything. but if i create my own classes that wont happen . i need to know the default styles and classes just their names. if i'm wrong please help me.

Thank you very much! i know css and i would just like to know how to integrate my stylesheet with phpvms pages and content.

You need to go through each .tpl (template) page in the phpVMS core/templates folder, and assign styles and id's to the page, content and container elements you want to style. If you know CSS I won't bore you with explanations on how to do that.

You need to go through each .tpl (template) page in the phpVMS core/templates folder, and assign styles and id's to the page, content and container elements you want to style. If you know CSS I won't bore you with explanations on how to do that.

i know css but i would still like to know how to put ids into the template. is the .tpl file just like i would do onto an html file.

Here's an example:

frontpage_main.tpl

<div id="mainbox">
<?php

// Show the News module, call the function ShowNewsFront
//	This is in the modules/Frontpage folder

MainController::Run('News', 'ShowNewsFront', 5);
?>
</div>
<div id="sidebar">
<h3>Recent Reports</h3>

<?php MainController::Run('PIREPS', 'RecentFrontPage', 5); ?>

<h3>Newest Pilots</h3>

<?php MainController::Run('Pilots', 'RecentFrontPage', 5); ?>

<h3>Users Online</h3>
<p><i>There have been <?php echo count($usersonline)?> user(s), and <?php echo count($guestsonline);?> guest(s) online in the past <?php echo Config::Get('USERS_ONLINE_TIME')?> minutes.</i></p>

<?php
/* $usersonline also has the list of users -
	really simple example

Or if you're not on the frontpage:
	$usersonline = StatsData::UsersOnline();

foreach($usersonline as $pilot)	
{
	echo "{$pilot->firstname} {$pilot->lastname}<br />";
}
*/
?>

</div>

With some id's and classes given for various elements (just a quick and dirty example):

<div id="mainbox">
<?php

// Show the News module, call the function ShowNewsFront
//	This is in the modules/Frontpage folder

MainController::Run('News', 'ShowNewsFront', 5);
?>
</div>
<div id="sidebar">
<h3 id="blueh3">Recent Reports</h3>

<?php MainController::Run('PIREPS', 'RecentFrontPage', 5); ?>

<h3 id="redh3">Newest Pilots</h3>

<?php MainController::Run('Pilots', 'RecentFrontPage', 5); ?>

<h3 class="allcapsh3">Users Online</h3>
<p class="textbold">There have been <?php echo count($usersonline)?> user(s), and <?php echo count($guestsonline);?> guest(s) online in the past <?php echo Config::Get('USERS_ONLINE_TIME')?> minutes.</p>

<?php
/* $usersonline also has the list of users -
	really simple example

Or if you're not on the frontpage:
	$usersonline = StatsData::UsersOnline();

foreach($usersonline as $pilot)	
{
	echo "{$pilot->firstname} {$pilot->lastname}<br />";
}
*/
?>

</div>

I don't mean to be rude, you say you know CSS, but part of knowing CSS is how to use it with HTML. The .tpl files have php and html code present, but assigning classes and ID's is very straightforward, if you know CSS.