Idea

angle

Hi,

i just thought of a good idea maybe to bring in to phpvms at some time..

there are a few pilots out there who fly with fspassanger and they can end up with emergency and stuff like that..

i think that if this happens there should be somethink in the sytem that allows you to land at a closer airport as long as you declare a mayday .

and still be able to file the flight as it will say in the pireps that you declared a mayday??

and thought on this i think it would be great and it saves pilots having to land and start the flight again ??

• 1 month later...

Hi there Angle,

Sorry for bumping an old topic again (please don't kick me! :lol: ).

Although my answer could probably help any future questions similar.

I fly FSPassengers all the time, and this indeed happened to me whilst flying with a virtual airline (way back when I was just a pilot) in which after taking off from Dublin on a Flight to Amsterdam it was just whilst going over Liverpool I got a bird strike on one of my engines and so the best thing to do is call a mayday and make an emergency landing. By the time I had descended the nearest airport to land at was Gatwick.

FSPassengers users have to export their PIREPS directly from Flightsim to the VA website. When I did this instead of showing a flight from Dublin to Amsterdam it showed Dublin to Gatwick.

I got hours on the flight for my profile and also pilot pay, in the system on the PIREP it also showed that I had called a mayday.

(I also got an award from the CEO for outstanding bravery!)

So there you have it really, FSPassengers pilots should never file a PIREP manually through the VA website since it's all recorded through Flightsim.

So really there isn't a need to have an idea like that for Phpvms!

Kind Regards, Matthew