Training Academy

JackPlumb

Dear All,

I have created this post at a long shot and was looking to see how it went. People have asked me recently what is the best software to use for airlines without needing a web master. I believe that phpVMS is far superior for its kind, yet one thing that have turned many people away are its lack of add ons. As many people may have noticed various virtual airlines are now in call for a 'Training Academy'. I myself cannot code PHP but I have pretty good knowledge of working in Virtual Airlines to find what they need. I believe more airlines would begin to use the software if this was available.

I am therefore asking if there is anybody who has good knowledge of phpVMS and PHP wether they would be interested in working with me to create a academy. If anyone is interested please reply on this topic or add me on MSN - jackplumb1@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Jack

Even with the as you say "lack of addons" this system is way better the VABASE and VATOOLS.  What would a training academy add on consist of anyway?  You can do training without any sort of add on.  With phpvms you can have multiple airlines, make one of them a training division.

Even if a training division is a bit too much to ask for, the ability to create tests would be ideal. A registration test, a Rank test(whenever you achieve the hours for your next rank you could do a test to verify that you qualify), and a Type Rating Exam would be great!

I also think the system should pick up some features from those top VA's like Delta Virtual Airlines, Virtual Air Canada, US Airways VA, American Virtual Airlines, and Metro Air Virtual. The reason those airlines are the top airlines are not only because of their real world counterparts but because of the quality of their systems.

I am glad everyone believes this is good. I think I didn't explain myself fully as what I would like it to have. I believe it should have the following:

• An area for pilots to book sessions.
  • An area for mentors to pick up bookings.
  • An area on the Admin Panel for lessons/ tests to be created
  • An area on the 'training' tab for the pilots to also take tests.

The only way I could see it working was in group, so for example to pick up groups you have to be in the group 'Mentor' but anyone outside that group couldn't pick up any sessions.

Those VA's you mention are successful because they have people who know what their doing, coders, painters and so on.  Thats the difference between people who know what they are doing and those who don't starting a VA.  You can also use your forums to schedule training sessions, or create pages with in the system to do some of the things you are speaking of. 

And many of you have a very distorted view of what makes a good VA.  There are some VA's that have a pretty website and aircraft, but their financial system is s*** and they are totally unrealistic in their operations.

I am friends with a gentleman that runs a VA, he is a real pilot with a degree in finance and does check rides without fancy systems and pages.  You don't need all that stuff. 

And you mention Metro, they don't have any special stuff on their site for training, I know as I was a hub manager, they use their forums and Team Speak.

• 1 month later...