XML Configuration to PHP - an Auto PIREP system

Hello,

Our Airline, merlion flies mainly in FlightGear Free and Open Source Flight Simulator (even though we've also started services in FSX) and I was thinking of an Auto Pirep system that reads from XMLS.

Here's what I have in mind and it'd be great if you can help me build this.

Alright, now I've made a nasal-cum-xml add-on for FlightGear that creates an xml file containing the pilot's website login email, password, flight time, departure, arrival, aircraft, flight number, route filed and fuel used. Well I was trying to get our whole schedule there to be able to narrow the schedules and choose using the airport the pilot started at as the departure but I'll need to work on that.

Anyway, so the xml configuration goes like this:

<login>contact.merlion@gmail.com</login>
<pass>...Not telling you what's here...</pass>
<flight-number>ML-L436</flight-number>
<departure>WSSS</departure>
<arrival>UHWW</arrival>
<aircraft>A330-200 (S-QDAZ)</aircraft>
<time>7.23</time>
<fuel-kg>37212</fuel-kg>
<route></route>

And that's a local xml file named "merlion-auto-pirep.xml"

Is there any way I can use phpVMS to read this data and convert it into a pirep?

----------------------

And I have another idea, we can create a java GUI to log in, select a flight from our sql, start flight, connect it to flightgear, end the flight and get all the data into variables in java. Is there a way I can POST it to php and then convert it into a pirep if (say) flight on the 'END FLIGHT' button in the GUI?

IT'd be awesome if someone could help.

Oh wait and how did you get the pilot to 'login' right? Currently, our client connects to the db and checks if the user ID matches the password but is there any better way to do this? :rolleyes:

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...