php 5.3 support

Flyer

Hi,

I have been experimenting installing phpVMS at an ISP. The installation was successfull and the main page did display correctly. However when I tried to selecet any of the other pages like registration or login, I got 404 page not found. After spending a full day researching, mode_rewrite, .htaccess rules, the forum, the code, etc... in vain, the ISP suggested me to install the software on a different server where they run php 5.2. On this new (actually old) platform everything seems to be working.

ISP claimed that php 5.3 does not handle the index.php/link type url's !

I have asked them to provide me some doc proving their claim so that I could share with you. I am still waiting for their reply.

In the mean time I would like to ask if phpVMS does support php v5.3 ?

If not, any plans to do so in the near future ?

If so, could you please point me in right direction to make some suggestions to the ISP to correct their settings so that I can run under php 5.3. Some detailed instructions would be appreciated.

The environment I am having trouble with is as follows:

php 5.3.3.7+squeeze3

Linux cloudlnx18 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Jan 9 20:49:59 UTC 2012 x86_64

Server API:CGI/FastCGI

Server: Apache

The environment where the software does work correctly is as follows:

php 5.2.6.1+lenny13

Linux cloudlnx13 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Oct 3 03:59:20 UTC 2011 x86_64

Server API:CGI/FastCGI

Server: Apache

I can provide any other needed details.

In one of the posts I did find the following comment "Sounds like you might be running PHP with FastCGI and it's a mis-configured web root"

If you think that is the problem, could you please give further details as to how it should be configured, so that I can direct the ISP accordingly.

I will appreciate your help.

Thank you and Kind Regards

Hi,

Is anyone running phpVMS with php 5.3 at their ISP ?

If you are not sure or you do not know how to find out the php version, create a page at your website named phpinfo.php and include only the following line

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

When you call this page www.yoursite.com/phpinfo.php it will tell you right on top your php version.

I will appreciate your replies.

Thanks.