Get Latest Pilots by Join Date (not ID)

Vidofnir

The latest pilots to join thing on the index is nice and dandy if you keep consecutive Pilot IDs. If you change the Pilot IDs on registration (say, for hub purposes) there is an unfortunate problem where it only shows the highest Pilot ID, which may not necessarily be the newest pilot. I whipped up a work-around that should benefit airlines that do this.

This simple change can be condensed even more, but I figured I would create a new Method just to keep things clean (and give me something to fall back on later).

Open core/common/PilotData.class.php

Add this snippet somewhere (perhaps after the getLatestPilots method, Line ~227)

public static function getLatestPilotsByJoinDate($count=10)
{
$sql = 'SELECT * FROM '.TABLE_PREFIX.'pilots
	ORDER BY `joindate` DESC
	LIMIT '.$count;

return DB::get_results($sql);
}

Save, Now open core/modules/Pilots/Pilots.php

Change:

$this->set('pilots', PilotData::GetLatestPilots($count));

To:

$this->set('pilots', PilotData::GetLatestPilotsByJoinDate($count));

Save, upload, be happy.

Alternatively, you can just change the existing SQL query under getLatestPilots to order by 'joindate' and leave it at that, but I preferred to make my own method just to not break things. Or something.

Our airline changes your pilot code once you join, so the big pilot codes (I.E 1300+) are not used. Each hub has a specific set of numbers associated with it. If no one has a pending application, then the person with the highest code is always the "newest pilot" regardless of his actual join date.