nshahzad Git repo broken? which should developers use?

deeknow

Hey lads. I'm a newbie here, so sorry if I'm getting off on the wrong foot. phpVMS looks fantastic and I cant wait to get started with it :-)

I was wondering which Git repo developers should be cloning from? At present the one that's linked of the forum page following...

http://forum.phpvms.net/page/index.html/_/getting-started/installation-r2

is... git@github.com:nshahzad/phpVMS

but that repo is broken at the moment (as of 11th/Jul/2012), there have been a bunch of commits to it lately, the most recent of which set the contents of the two install files install.sql and structure.xml to zero bytes which means no database tables get created by the installer.

I guess this could be because its a development repo?, should we be using the following one instead?

git@github.com:phpVMS/phpVMS

which had a last commit of 9/Mar/2012

thanks in advance,

Dean Stringer

Thanks for the reply Tom. I would prefer to use a Git checkout to be honest rather than the ZIP download

Yes I do intend to be a contributor but need to know which branch to clone first, as it stands the nshahzad one has a few issues which seem to be work in progress

I think the bigger problem might be that for others who read that wiki page and follow the instructions they will also get an install which doesnt work