Dark Theme vs Light Theme

Drcodyjones

Hey guys,

I'm about to start the template on my site but I need to find out what theme I'll use, dark or light.

My COO wants it to be a dark website similar to http://vectorairlines.net/ but I want it to be light colored.

Dark theme would consist of black, grey, and maybe a dark red.

Light theme would consist of blue, white, and red.

Which attracts more pilots?

Thanks

Cody

You are welcome.

To clarify, dark themes in forums, websites etc. are just hard for the eyes. At least for mine they are. A light gray/white template with some colorful touches are the best in my opinion. Check out my VA site for something like that.

@mod No marketing intended, just to show what I am talking about.

I took a look at your VA site and I really like it. Maybe instead of the black at the top, you can change it to an image. I think that would look really nice.

I, too, don't like dark websites especially for Virtual Airlines. I can understand a dark theme for maybe a COD clan website or something similar but what is dark about flying? When flying comes to mind, I think of bright lights or the color blue.

• Moderators

Here's my thought...

I don't really like dark websites, it can be hard for my eyes. I usually close out the tab when the first thing I see is a dark website. :lol:.

I say, have a few nice colors, something not too dark that won't drive away your members. Stay Light! ;)