AirTran Airways Virtual "ATVA" Ceases Operations

President wrote a letter to AirTran Airways Virtual's members and the virtual airline community yesterday evening:

Dear Pilots:

It is with a great deal of regret and sadness that I address you this evening. Unfortunately, AirTran Airways Virtual, an airline that has been established and operating since August of 2012, will be officially ceasing operations effective immediately (January 23, 2013 at 2300Z). There is an array of various variables which led to this:

• Brian Newman, the Vice President of Technology resigned effective January 13, 2013. This left a large gap within the virtual airline which, unfortunately, despite large scale advertisment and recruitment, we could not find a suitable replacement.
  • We are subject to legal issues which cannot be discussed, however the legal issues which we encountered cannot be resolved.
  • Unfortunately the virtual airline is not receiving enough activity to continue an operation. Less than 50% of the pilots are active in addition to the fact that registration is down and therefore we cannot continue an operation.
  • I, the President of the virtual airline, have other life committments that I simply cannot continue to work around in order to successfully run this virtual airline.

It has been an honor to serve as the President of this organization, an organization I created and developed nearly one year ago. I wish you all the best in your virtual careers and in your lives.

Sincerelly and Regretfully,

Former President

AirTran Airways Virtual

www.airtranva.org

AirTran Airways Virtual would like to extend a special thank you to the phpVMS community for all of their help and support. This operation would not have been successful without you. Furthermore, most virtual airlines would not be able to successfully operate without the phpVMS system.

Edited by PilotJordan