Multi-Leg flights and Turnarounds

SparrowBD

I don't understand why people seem to think airlines do this all at once. My pilots do turnarounds, there is nothing extra though. Every flight is done individually, they are in no way connected apart from on the pilot's bookings.

Your pilots can fly DTW-ORD then have a 30 min turnaround before ORD-MSP but the two flights will have separate bookings, separate PIREPs, seperate flight plans and so on. They are not connected.

• 1 year later...

Has this issue been discussed any further? I am thinking of starting a rotary wing VA, and we would need to have some flights that would depart from an airport, stop to pick up pax and/or cargo at an off airport location, and continue on to a destination, or maybe even return to the same point of departure, and have it as a single flight. I don't want pilots to have to treat the enroute stop as a break point between two separate bookings, I want the legs to all be connected as a single flight. Is this possible with PHPVMS?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Jim