Can't login to server using client

avp

I have correctly configured my VA profile in the latest kACARS FRee client. I have also selected that profile (my only profile) but when I click on the Login button I get "Not Logged in" in red.

I have used the same username/password combination on the website and I can login without problems but somehow the client fails.

have you updated the kacars module on the server side?

Yes, my client version is 1.0.1 and the kACARS_Free module installed on the server is the same version. Just now I changed the "Force Logout" to false and enabled showing errors and the kACARS client gives me this:

Notify System Administrator with the following error code:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started by .... core\modules\kACARS_Free\kACSRS_Free.php:1) in ....\core\common\Aut.class.php on line 341

Then it also says the error is at kACARS_Free.php:378 which is a statement outputtint the Content-TYpe header. I moved so that it becomes the very first statement of that function (sendXML) and the "cannot modify header" error goes away BUT I still can't login using kACARS_Free

• Moderators

I wouldn't change the kACARS_Free.php file. Leave it the way it is like, somehow, you may have a whitespace in the very beginning of your kACARS_Free.php file. Try seeing if you have a white space at the very start of your file between to the <?php tags and remove the whitespace, as well for the Auth.class.php file.

I checked the logs and send.xml shows it is sending the correct username/password. The receive.xml log shows the current settings found in the module but shows status 0, in other words logon failed.

kACARS_Free module calls Auth:ProcessLogin and it returns false if it fails (status 0) or true if it is okay (status 1). However, there must be something else at hand because ProcessLogin works fine when called in response to the user attemptint to login on the VA website.

Guest lorathon

Be sure to check the pilotid and password. I know this is the easy to check but also the easiest to overlook. Are you using the stable version of phpVMS? Or the beta?

I am using the correct credentials, in other words the three letter virtual airline code immediately followed by the four digits of the pilot ID (0001). The password is also correct. I also checked the send.xml file and it shows it is sending the correct credentials. The receive.xml shows the config data set in the kACARS_Free module but status is set to 0 which tells me that Auth is somehow not validating the credentials.

I am using phpVMS v2.1.934 but there seems to be something strange happening. Sometimes it works on the web but not in kACARS and then out of nothing it is not working in either. All used to work fine as I have not upgraded phpVMS in a long time (nor has it been updated either) but I did upgrade to the latest kACARS_Free about a week ago.

I will try downgrading to the previous kACARS_Free.

Guest lorathon

What is the airline code?

Have you added any airlines?

I know that there is an issue with some codes. Especially if the airline code has a numeral in it. For some reason this can cause an issue and the AUTH will fail. Not sure why it would work sometimes and not others.