Creating a (fleet) page

Laura

I've looked through the forums, and i found someone asking a question about his fleet page - one of the answering posts brought up the question if he'd made the page by creating a module ...

I'm still trying to get into this whole PHPVms thing so my question is, what would be the best way to create your own Fleet Page ?

1. option : by using the built in Pages module inside the Admin Panel (gives you a /index.php/pages/pagename link)

2. option : build a simple module that renders a .tpl (gives you a /index.php/pagename link) if you want you can even use custom module and then include a page made in the admin panel so you get the best of both worlds.

3. option: use for example the vFleetTracker module by Vansers.

Second option would be a module like this:

Make a new folder under core/modules named Fleet and add a Fleet.php file inside containing the following code:

<?php
class Fleet extends CodonModule {
public function index ()
{
$this->render('fleetpage.tpl');
//or you can use this
include('core/pages/fleet'.PAGE_EXT);
}
}

If you use option number one (from code above, not first part) create a fleetpage.tpl in lib/skins/yourskin/ or if you use option 2 create a page from admin panel called Fleet.

Hope I am clear enough

• Like 1