Flights w/FSPax

Jeff

Here's one for you big brains out there...

When someone files a flight report using FSPassengers, their flight seems to change in the process; here's an expample:

My system is setup for multiple airlines, a pilot bids for flight AA1459 and when he/she completes it and reports it to be reviewed it will be changed to WN1459. Even though I do have several airlines with the same flight number, I don't think it should be coming up that way if the flight on the pilot's report says that the flight number is AA1459 and not WN1459, so why is it doing this, since all of my flights do not repeat Airline IATA codes for flight numbers? the flight numbers may repeat but the IATA code makes the flight number different. (scratching head) :huh:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lorathon

It is the way that the FSPax module parses the flightnumber from the FSPax report. You need to modify it and then retain a copy for when you upgrade or it will be written over.

It is the way that the FSPax module parses the flightnumber from the FSPax report. You need to modify it and then retain a copy for when you upgrade or it will be written over.

Inside my /home/oneworld/public_html/core/modules/ACARS/fspax.php I am able to see this:

# Get the flight ID
$flightinfo = SchedulesData::getProperFlightNum($_POST['FlightId']);
$code = $flightinfo['code'];
$flightnum = $flightinfo['flightnum'];
/*if(preg_match('/^([A-Za-z]*)(\d*)/', $_POST['FlightId'], $matches) == 0)
{
	echo "#Answer# Error - Invalid flight ID;";
	return;
}*/

Now, I'm not sure what I am needing to change here, or if I'm even in the right place.

Guest lorathon

Thats the correct area. You just need to change the way the flight number is yanked out of the FSPax post. You will have to play with it until you get what you are looking for. I cant tell you what I did because it will probably not work for you. Just think about what is in the post......

$_POST($flightid) = 'AA1459';

The goal is to get

$code = 'AA';

$flightnum = '1459';

But also work with everything else you have in your system. That is where the problem lies. You have to make sure whatever you come up with works with the other codes.

Hope that leads you in the right direction.