API Question

goldenairways

I have 2 questions about the phpVMS API and about using it with VB applications. First of all is it possible to use the API to view things like previous pireps, schedules, etc but also submit PIREPs via it (plus adding comments) and view/alter the pilot profile. Also is there ways to also use admin functions and control everything which you can via the admin panel. The reason is I am considering making an application client for my virtual airline so the pilot changes everything in the app, instead of online. Its mainly going to be made for experience as I am planning on making another application, but this will be a  little practise and I am mainly doing this because there is a way I know how this can be used. Instead of making web browsers which have no actual use in the end.

Thanks.

• Administrators

Ok, thanks. Technicly would it work by submitting and fetching data from the MySQL database, then obviously that'd also be displayed on the main page I am wondering. Thanks

Never connect straight to the database, most of the time you won't be able to.

You'd have to write a php script, which your program will ahve to send commands to. Then in that script, you can access the API. In fact, the easier would be to write a module, and have you script call it:

index.php/module/getpilots

Then your getpilots() function in the module will return a list of pilots from the internal API