Custom ACARS -- Pilot Login Help!

coryb12

Hi all! I am coding a custom ACARS program in C# for my va.

The pilot login function will have the pilot enter their ID and password, then it will need to query a different Login.php (will be in the same folder, but named Login2.php).

The different Login.php will need to simply take to ID and Password that is sent to it form the ACARS program, and send back to the program as true or false (basically, does the ID and password match up in the database, and does the pilot ID exsist).

I need some help on what the new Login.php would need, as I have no experience with php.  Can anyone post the php needed to perform a function like this? Also, if anyone knows what code is needed for C# to hit a php file and listen for a response, that would be very helpful, too, as I am learning more advanced C# as I code this.  Thanks!

• Administrators

You should create a module which will handle all your data, so:

index.php/yourmodule/login

then in php, there's a function in your module called login()

You should communicate via XML, so you send POST data to login() using XML with your username/password, and write out XML  with true or false or something which your client parses. XML is great for this purpose.

See the FSFK module, the pirep() function. I parse XML sent from FSFK using PHP's SimpleXML features.

Then writing out XML see the XML module