Mass Emailer Issue

strawbs

Hi All,

Firstly, Yes I have searched the forum back and front and was unable to fix this issue I'm having. Although it may sound familiar, I really need some help fixing it.

We recently migrated to a new Windows based Dedicated server and since doing so, Our Mass Mailer hasn't been functioning. Obviously this is a big problem as one of the main lines of communication with our Pilots is through emails.

After a long time on google, I have tried most things it said to do so with no luck and was hoping someone here may have the knowledge to help me out? Maybe someone has a dedicated server ? Or experienced this before? It would appear to send the emails however, they never arrive and this is with any email hosting provider.

I ran a DB and checkinstall and found nothing wrong with the Mass Emailer files so I thought maybe there is a setting I need in PHP.ini or something like that?

Hope someone has some light to shed on my situation :)

Thanks,

Callum Strawbridge

Hiya Callum I had this problem,

http://forum.phpvms....ng/#entry111043

I managed to get it working by adding the information but to save time i'll just copy the relevant section of code from the local.config and you can work from that with your details and your SMTP host details

# Email Settings
Config::Set('EMAIL_FROM_NAME', 'DHL Virtual Cargo');
Config::Set('EMAIL_FROM_ADDRESS', 'admin@dhlvirtualcargo.co.uk');
Config::Set('EMAIL_USE_SMTP', true);
# Add multiple SMTP servers by separating them with ;
Config::Set('EMAIL_SMTP_SERVERS', 'mailout.one.com');
Config::Set('EMAIL_SMTP_PORT', '25');
Config::Set('EMAIL_SMTP_USE_AUTH', false);
Config::Set('EMAIL_SMTP_USER', 'admin@dhlvirtualcargo.co.uk');
Config::Set('EMAIL_SMTP_PASS', 'YOURPASSWORD');

This does work because our VA is working off this at the moment if you don't have any luck try changing EMAIL_SMTP_USE_AUTH', false to true although for us this made no difference what so ever, I also found the changes were not immediate and took 10-20 mins to start working