Web Hosting Company?

Kyle

• Moderators

I'm planning to create a Website hosting which in the next few months.

Is it hard to run a webhosting. Like i'm providing a 24/7 support,

Web Hosting, Resellers, Decatied Servers.

Is it hard to run this big hostings?

Like if i start out small and i have 10 clients and i have 50 new ones and i create new servers. Which i'm not going to try to cramp the servers. I'm going to keep it the best. Not overloaded or cramped in.

Guest N402KC

Well here is a step plan you should consider.

(1). Plan out the business. (What are you going to offer, What prices, How will you manage your Revenue vs Expenses)

(2). Get enough money to support the company at a non income level for 3 months.

(3). Search the web, Get the dedicated server that serves the needs you are providing.

(4). How will you accept billing, What software to use, etc...

(5). Once you have a fully established website and server running, Begin Advertising

(6). Offer specials that will increase client count.

If you want to know more in depth idea's, Let me know.

• Moderators

WOW! Thanks! I have my own servers, which i have a few new one's coming in. They are 8 cored! :)

I'm going to put Cpanel, WHM,(that's with the cpanel) & WHMCS on the Apple Servers.

Also i'm putting a grand opening sales for all hosting type & plan for 30% off.

• 4 weeks later...

WOW! Thanks! I have my own servers, which i have a few new one's coming in. They are 8 cored! :)

I'm going to put Cpanel, WHM,(that's with the cpanel) & WHMCS on the Apple Servers.

Also i'm putting a grand opening sales for all hosting type & plan for 30% off.

I realize this is a month or so old, but I'm curious how things went/are going for you? This is something that has interested me in the past. I've tinkered with Reseller Hosting and Cpanel and WHMCS and all that fun stuff, but only as a hobby.

Do you have access to decent Internet speeds? I thought about my own servers, but my provider's highest package offers max 15MB Download 1MB Upload /s speeds, and I don't think that is sufficient enough. And, to heck with outrageous AT&T or Centrylink prices!

• Moderators

I realize this is a month or so old, but I'm curious how things went/are going for you? This is something that has interested me in the past. I've tinkered with Reseller Hosting and Cpanel and WHMCS and all that fun stuff, but only as a hobby.

Do you have access to decent Internet speeds? I thought about my own servers, but my provider's highest package offers max 15MB Download 1MB Upload /s speeds, and I don't think that is sufficient enough. And, to heck with outrageous AT&T or Centrylink prices!

currently i sold my whole webhosting company to a new owner, at this time i seem i can't get in reach with the new owner. But the website is not working but i'm sorry i don't know what is going on, it's the new owner, problary changing things around.

Heck yes! the servers are fast and we make enough room for websites in order to meet the speed of the servers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys.

I've run a web hosting company since 2008. (Generation-Host.com). Over the years, I expanded from a reseller account on a HostGator server to owning just over 13 servers (With an additional 18 leased to clients). I am also an Authorized Teamspeak provider. I will say with complete honesty, that it is one of the most difficult tasks to do. Servers give unexpected problems, Clients have issues, Staff have issues. A large portion of my time is spent making everybody happy.

To those interested in opening a company, here are my tips.

• Find a niche (VA's, Teens, teamspeak)
  • Find a partner.. Always easier to run things when you have some extra financial backing
  • At all times, keep 6 months worth of reserve cash (per server) on hand.
  • Train your staff.. Training your staff gives you the ability to teach them to your own standards. Small company's do not want to spend $80 an hour on an employee.
  • Start Small.. Start on a Reseller or VPS then move to 1 Dedicated...Progress from there.

If anybody wants any advice or consulting (Free..) email me at matt@generation-host.com.

• 2 weeks later...