Switching airline from one unit to another (weight, and currency) - has anybody done it ?

Hi all,

We have just started an airline and went with pounds and dollars to begin with because it made everything straightforward. We're considering switching to kilograms and euros though - and wondered if anybody else has switched - and what was involved.

I'm guessing we would need to take the airline offline while doing it, and run some queries to convert all of the weights, rates, etc across all of the affected tables.

As I said - wondering if anybody else has already done it in the past.

8 hours ago, jonbeckett said:

Hi all,

We have just started an airline and went with pounds and dollars to begin with because it made everything straightforward. We're considering switching to kilograms and euros though - and wondered if anybody else has switched - and what was involved.

I'm guessing we would need to take the airline offline while doing it, and run some queries to convert all of the weights, rates, etc across all of the affected tables.

As I said - wondering if anybody else has already done it in the past.

Why wondering, just do it and do it as much as you want and whenever you want.

Critical values are always saved in internal units (like pirep distances, weights, fuel etc)

What you see at admin settings are for display only, like displaying the distances in km or displaying the fuel values in kg etc. Not for database operations.

Enjoy

• Thanks 1