phpVMS on Raspberry Pi

Hi all,

I am looking at the possibility of starting a VA using phpVMS (looks really good!). Is it possible and/or productive to run the software on a Raspberry Pi 4B? I have been able to run applications on it before like Apache2, MariaDB, php, WordPress, etc etc. I am not sure though if phpVMS has any other specific machine requirements. I wouldn't expect to be hosting a huge VA or even permanent on a Pi. But somewhere to start until such time an upgrade may be needed.

(EDIT: another question. how much mass storage is ideal, either RP4 or a "normal" computer? How much storage expansion could I potentially expect to use overtime with PIREPs being stored?)

Thanks! 😄

Edited by notleks2411

22 hours ago, notleks2411 said:

Hi all,

I am looking at the possibility of starting a VA using phpVMS (looks really good!). Is it possible and/or productive to run the software on a Raspberry Pi 4B? I have been able to run applications on it before like Apache2, MariaDB, php, WordPress, etc etc. I am not sure though if phpVMS has any other specific machine requirements. I wouldn't expect to be hosting a huge VA or even permanent on a Pi. But somewhere to start until such time an upgrade may be needed.

(EDIT: another question. how much mass storage is ideal, either RP4 or a "normal" computer? How much storage expansion could I potentially expect to use overtime with PIREPs being stored?)

Thanks! 😄

As long as you can run a webserver on a device and fulfill server requirements, it can run... It does not require a specific hardware on the server, of course more cpu power and ram assigned to the servers will give you a better performance during runtime.

Disk space depends on specially the database size, files on the server (phpvms v7, themes, modules etc) will not need that much space (say maybe max 100 mb for them), rest will be database space (which will be dynamic as you can imagine).

If you did run apache, php8, mariadb etc. on your Raspberry device before, why not doing the same for v7 and start testing ;) Basic requirements are listed here

Good luck

• Like 1