Who has Invison Power Board?

Kyle

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have IP Board for your VA?

To be honest it isn't surprising. Airlines usually don't make money, so why would any pay $149.99 - or even the $9.99-$44.99/month for hosted boards - for a forum software when they can get the same functionality from phpbb etc for free.

• Like 1

• Moderators

To be honest it isn't surprising. Airlines usually don't make money, so why would any pay $149.99 - or even the $9.99-$44.99/month for hosted boards - for a forum software when they can get the same functionality from phpbb etc for free.

I agree with you Tom, but i got ip board and it's awsome but it is a board for Major sites like, phpvms or web hsoting.

So phpbb or SMF is just for the Virtual airlines that does not need alot of money to keep the virtual airlines up.

I agree, I feel paying that kinda money for a forum is ridiculous when you can get a forum which is equally as good for a fraction of the price.

The only reason I used phpbb is that it came as a possible forum with my hosting package but I may change it if it doesn't suit my needs, as I have many other forum boards that I can install on my hosting package if I wish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

SMF isn't doing so well, not sure I would use them..

Well, we use it, it's good at the moment. but we are under eye wacth at the moment to see if there are any problems other things. If we see a problem, then we are moving to phpBB. or IP Board.

MyBB is a good board too. It has a nice clean look to it. And to install mods is easy. It has a plugin system instead of manually installing mods code line by code line like phpBB. I however am a phpBB user. Always have been. I did have IPB at one point in time, but it wasn't for me.

And like everyone else said, that is a bunch of money for a hobby that really makes no money at all and most VA's that you see just come and go after a few months. Rarely does a VA stay for the long haul.

I am not saying IPB is not a fine piece of software at all. It works great but was just not for me.