Add-On Idear On Time index

Nagelfar

Dear Community

I came up with an idear about an add-on for phpvms, well to be honest i saw this on another va - it was called "on time index"

The Script should compare the sheduled departure and arrival time (in phpvms) and the real departure an arrival time (system time). If the sheduled and the real departure or arrival time is like the one insert in the phpvms shedule it gaves you 100% on time (viewable in your profile or on a special side)

If you departed to late or arrived to early the script will decrease or increase your on time percentage.

Hope you get what i mean:-)

Thank you and good night

• 4 months later...

Yes time zones and sim times complicate things for any user and virtual airlines. However, there is a simple solution to that problem (the beauty of the simplest solution) and that is, the schedule has a departure and arrival times (sure, with time zone). But also has a time duration. The system can compare the departure timestamp with the arrival timestamp and compare the given time duration (in the schedule) with the actual flight duration (take-off to landing) and compute the on-time index.

And by the way, if you decide to do it you have to check the Flight Simulator time and not the System Time. People work and have lives so they cannot fly at the time when the actual flight takes place. That is why there is Flight Simulator time, you set it to the time you want and that is it.