Mulitple Airlines?

Kyle

• Moderators

I'm wondering if it is possabile to have mutliple airlines into one airlines. I been trying different ways but not the phpVMS way i want.

Like for Example

EveryAirlines

EasyJet

WestJet

Us Airwyas

Southwest Airlines

Also i want new pilots just to seclet "EveryAirlines" no other airlines.

With a sechudle. with mutliple airlines. Like Flight WJ232

US049

SW94

Is it possbaile? Or not?

Keith, when you are scheduling different airlines, just make sure the flights are for that airline only. ie: AA454, DL159, B6554 etc. As far as I am aware of, my site (One World Virtual) and Jeffrey's (Phoenixva) are using this way to schedule. You can also schedule your fleet the same way. When you add a new airline, it will show up on the registration page so they can choose which airline they want to fly for. Just recently, I had this conversation with Nabeel, and he said you cannot have multiple sites run from the same database (I believe that is what you are trying to accomplish) but I am trying to figure out if there is a way to use the sub domain for this.

Guest lorathon

Just curious.....

Why would you want to use two sites with one DB? What is the goal?

As you said we are now hosting over 200 airlines and have zero problems. I add 2 new airlines every working day. We do not have pilots assigned to a specific airline but even if that is what you wanted it could all be done with one site. I remember seeing a thread were you can even have different skins running. So you could have a skin for each airline. Thats a bit much for what we have but if you only hosted a few airlines it could be done.

To me phpVMS has only been limited to my imagination. I have not been able to get something accomplished yet. If I have been able to image it I have been able to get it in.

Guest lorathon

Sorry but that secret is going to the grave with me. :D

But back on the subject. What do you mean by tour? and charter? You can do charters with one set up. Maybe I am just missing something. Or perhaps I can point you in the direction you need to look.

well, on the main site, it is strictly Airlines (American, JetBlue, Delta, United...) members are restricted to use one airline only. I want to create another for tours, charters, and what-not. I was wanting to use the sub-domain option in the cPanel. If I opt to start a sub-domain, it creates it under the /public_html. Now the problem I keep running into is, how to create it's own layout with its own admin panel.

Off subject... can you at least point me in the right direction as to where you are getting your cargo flight schedules, since they cannot be found like other airlines.

Guest lorathon

Then why not just create a dumby airline that everyone can fly.

Example

WTA - World Tour Airline

Not sure how you have the filter for the schedule but if it is something like....

foreach($schedule as $sched)
{
if($sched->code != $pilotcode) continue; //$pilotcode is not a good variable just to give you the idea of what i am referring to

//Show schedule info here
}

just add this

foreach($schedule as $sched)
{
 if ($sched->code != 'WTA')
  {
      if ($sched->code != $pilotcode) continue;  //$pilotcode is not a good variable just to give you the idea of what i am referring to
  }
  // show schedule info
}

Then when it is looping it will show the schedule codes that match the pilots code and the WTA schedules. You can have all the tour flights and the charters flights attached to the WTA code