Does anyone know what's wrong?

Kyle

• Moderators

Ok, when i am on FS2004 and when i am at CYYZ and i was taxiing or landing and taxiing or while i am at CYYZ, then what happened is my Video Card stopped working and it recovered, but it still stops working again while i'm at CYYZ. But it does not do that to me at any other airports.

My FS2004 version is 9.1

And my video card is a ATI 2040HD XT

I do not have anything downloaded or add-on secnerys in my FS2004.

Any solutions for this?

I think you asked this in a previous thread. The only thing I can think of , is, if you are using an addon Toronto/Pearson (YYZ) scenery, it may have a corrupted file in it that is making it freeze. I don't think it is your video card since it isn't doing it at any other airport. I think FS 04 is trying to load a file and it is shutting something down.

Sorry, I re-read your problem, and just saw you aren't using addons. You can then try doing a re-install or repair on FS04 to see if it fixes the problem.

Edited by Jeff
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Ok, i have reinstalled it completely and it's still doing the same damn problems that my video card dies and recovers

I got two different FS2004 cd's and it's not the disks. It's something is nuking in CYYZ.

What else there now Jeff?

Not quite sure dude. It has been years since I ever used FS04. Are you using anything like MyTrafficX or anything like that? If you have FSX, do you have the same problem with it like in 04? I'm just trying to narrow the problems a bit.

• Moderators

Not quite sure dude. It has been years since I ever used FS04. Are you using anything like MyTrafficX or anything like that? If you have FSX, do you have the same problem with it like in 04? I'm just trying to narrow the problems a bit.

Ha, yeah. No nothing else in FS2004. But what i'll tell you jeff, if i will try in FSX, if it does same then i'll have to get a new computer. If it does not in FSX, then it's the FS2004 something messing up.

I'll install FSX tomorrow morning, and give her a day run and i'll come back to return the results. Thanks Jeff.

Maybe i might go back to FSX.

• Moderators

Jeff, it did the same in FSX too. IS it my video card?

EDIT: Ok jeff, i took the aircraft up in the air and circling around CYYZ and it's not affecting me. but on ground, my video card dies every 2 to 3 mins. and recovers it. Werid

Edited by Mr737ist

• Moderators

is your card overclocked? iff so trie and set your setting to less and trie to install a scenery see iff it still hapens iff not it could be the cyyz scenery has a mem leak

hey joeri, My video card is not overclocked, i'll tell you what. I'll do what you told me and i'll returun the results in few hours. Thanks.